Author Topic: Tournament Information  (Read 2293 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:42:28 PM »
Could someone please explain how the tournament ranking or classes goes?  With Tournament (ie Tin Man's Forest) do you have to be a club member,  or PDGA member?

I am interested in Playing the Tin Man's Forest course if there is a novice/beginner tier.

Thanks,
Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 11:30:02 PM »
Brandon Mace from Salina has agreed to TD the event.  With that being the case, it may be a little bit different from how Kevin is running Saturday's "Kan U Wyco."

Mace will generally open up any division with at least 3 players.  At most tournaments with significant attendance there should be a Novice, Amateur, Advanced Am, Amatuer Masters, Amateur Women, Open, and Open Masters.  Other divisions (Junior, Grandmaster, Pro Women) are possible but seldom draw enough players.

I don't know if $2 will be added for non KDGA or non KCFDC members.  In most KDGA tourneys so far, $2 comes out of everyones entry, member or no.  I'm not certain about this stuff, so you should get with Brandon to find out.  I don't have his phone #.  You can reach him on the KDGA forum.  The site is pretty much identicle to this one.  Kansasdiscgolf.com/forum  His username is Mace Man, so just send him a private message.

Focusing in on the rest of your question, no membership is required to play.  This event is not PDGA sanctioned, so the outcome will have no effect on any players PDGA rankings or such.  Entry should be considerably lower than most PDGA tourneys.  Hope this helps.  It's going to be a great weekend!

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 10:40:07 AM »
from what I've heard from woodz and ted everyone is welcome to play. they figured with wyco going on they'd host sunday to round out the weekend and as a warmup for the 4th annual redbud open in two weeks. that's cool that maceman is running it.
keep in mind that ted's dread is the longest, most difficult course around these parts. they've been able to use the terrain to create some incredible holes that require every throw in your bag. experienced players have been known to exceed 70. beckett carduff holds the course record of 56. add the blooming redbuds and occasional morel mushroom and there's not another golf course on a family farm that compares.
there will be camping friday and saturday night. if ted and woodz don't ask for a few bucks it would be nice for folks to throw some cash in the jar to help keep the course going.
ted can be reached at 913 530 3312 and woodz at 816 333 3105.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 09:00:53 AM »
I could talk a little about Ted's Dread.  I've never seen a course like it.

Last year I played a tournament there.  I believe it was the red bud open.  We played the course as I knew it for the first round.  Pro par of about 60, I would say.  There was a 55 for the low pro score.

The second round was unbelievable.  We played from longer tees on a few holes and longer basket placements on a great many holes.  This was the most challenging and varied course configuration that I've ever played.  I shot like an 83 in the round.  The best pro score in the tourney was 66.  I played again later that after noon and shot 65, 18 shots better!  I don't believe a 56 is possible on this configuration.  This is a true golf course.  It has many par 4's and a few par 5's.  Overall, Par 70!

Here is a list of the holes and which ones had dual tees and dual pin locations.  I used the old numbering before it was changed.  The course makes more sense to me with these numbers.

1)  No change                     10)  Dual tees
2)  Dual pins                       11)  Dual tees and pins
3)  No change                     12)  Dual pins
4)  Dual pins                       13)  Dual pins
5)  Dual pins                       14)  Dual pins
6)  Dual tees                       15)  Dual pins
7)  Dual pins                        16)  Dual pins
8)  No change                     17)  Dual pins
9)  Dual tees and pins          18)  Dual tees and pins

I sure hope we get to play both courses again this year!

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 11:12:53 AM »
I think this course sounds like it's going to be a bit too difficult for me.  Maybe next year :D

Thanks for the answers.

-Dennis

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 01:00:01 PM »
Thus the name Ted's Dread.  It can be scary!  

No really... it's all about the fun.  Novice division won't be but 10 or 15 bucks for an experience you'll remember for a long time.  It is always a blast.  Come on out!

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 01:06:26 PM »
Quote from: "Schoen-hopper"
Thus the name Ted's Dread.  It can be scary!  

No really... it's all about the fun.  Novice division won't be but 10 or 15 bucks for an experience you'll remember for a long time.  It is always a blast.  Come on out!

I dont know the history of the course but I do know there is a Ball Golf course out that way called Dub's Dread.  Every year they have a tournament called the Monster Mash and it plays crazy long.  Possible similarities?  Perhaps.

What club or associations do you have to belong to, to participate in this type of tournament.  I might take your advice and come out and hack it up.

thanks,
-Dennis

Flip

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 02:38:48 PM »
Although you should be a member of both the PDGA and the KCFDC, like any bogey-fearing Kansas City disc golfer, this event is open to all comers.

Hopefully we will have the full event details on the site later today.

-Sean

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament Information
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 11:17:30 PM »
you can call ted at 913 530 3312 a couple days before you want to golf and he can more than likely show you around the course.
you're also welcome to come out the weekend of april 23 and 24 and watch, play some holes in between tourney rounds, or play in the event.

at the tin man they were proposing two rounds on saturday, one of 18 on sunday with a final 9 of the top open players. those who finish will know they played some golf.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing