Author Topic: Too much time to play? Have you tried the alternate course yet?  (Read 4707 times)

HaterAde

Re: Too much time to play? Have you tried the alternate course yet?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »
Before leaving, I took the opportunity to berate a couple of the creepy old queers sitting in the parking lot. I told them, in no uncertain terms, that they will have to find a new location to perform fellatio on one another. Their response? "We weren't doing that... here."  :o

Then the one got back in his own vehicle, they both left, and I received an approving smile and thumbs up from the P&R employee watering the new greenery on #10. We're gonna take this park back, just you watch! 8)

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »
I hope if this does go thru ,We have a contract in place ,amount of money givin to the club,proper signage on the courses,cleanup after the events ,well published advertising ahead of time.All the things we as a club would do.I am guessing the reason we would even think about letting someone else come in ,is to do things much bigger and better then we would do it.

Also are we taking bids from other companies I know at least 5 other people who want to come to KC and run events.

I am not opposed to the idea,I have just been on both sides in the past and have seen what has happened in other Cities in how they have dealt with this issue.

Having said all that ,I fully trust that our BOD will use every resource they have to make this vote the best for KC golf both now and for the future.

Team Ls Discs

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 07:06:48 PM »
Great call Andy!!

Looks like some great improvements to shorten the course a bit Jack.  Now I won't dread going to Blue Valley anymore, afraid of my arm falling off mid-round, and not being able to defend myself against the creepers hanging around the parking area staring at me.

Excellent map skills too!!
It's not the creepers you have to watch out for, it's the effin CUJO'S!!! I have the crooked finger to prove it! ;D
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
I played again yesterday out there, got it done in under 90 minutes again, the new greenery is wonderful, the new rocks and greenery on "origial #14" look awesome as well.

I am not sure what heck CLank's comment is about in here......so no response from me on that one.

Fred's finger was badd ass!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

AdamC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 01:54:01 PM »
Excellent.  Going to try my best to make it out there this weekend. 

Thanks to everyone involved.

HaterAde

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 02:33:31 PM »
I played again yesterday out there, got it done in under 90 minutes again, the new greenery is wonderful, the new rocks and greenery on "origial #14" look awesome as well.

I am not sure what heck CLank's comment is about in here......so no response from me on that one.

Fred's finger was badd ass!

I think Billy was posting in the wrong thread, Jack. The context of his post looks like he had meant for it to go in the Outsiders thread.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 03:27:38 PM »
yeah, I can see that now.....does that make him an outsider then?  Or a Warrior?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »
Again great job! Can we get a round of applause over here for BV? I can't wait to play this course again tomorrow. Really fun. Some great tweener shots and some real deuce possibilities even for an Am like me  :) The bushes and trees are going to make such a difference as well. Again, bravo!

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 07:34:26 AM »
Again great job! Can we get a round of applause over here for BV? I can't wait to play this course again tomorrow. Really fun. Some great tweener shots and some real deuce possibilities even for an Am like me  :) The bushes and trees are going to make such a difference as well. Again, bravo!

Agreed.

Love the new set-up and all the fresh greenery!!!
Joe Hesting

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 11:33:16 AM »
the new shrubberies will really improve the asthetics and add some obstacles to the course, money and time well spent.

blue valley..........lite..........our group of two barely recreational gmaster golfers, one advanced gm, and one grinch and his dog all agreed to try and finish the truncated version some day. while it will make it much easier to play 18 at bv and another course in the same day, we rejoiced that the option to play the original still exists.
tally 4 great big "eh" votes. we find the lite version one third less fulfilling than the real thing.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »
The alternate course is a great deal of fun and was a very enjoyable round.  Sure there are some walks but why sweat the small stuff.  As mentioned earlier, the terrain, views, elevation is insane, the mogul greens are ridiculously awesome, the duece opportunities added in by the shorter holes, the several hours cut off by shortening it up, makes this course a must play for anyone coming to KC.

The addition of trees, shrubs, grasses, boulders are fantastic.    Plus when the park is mowed like it is now, it makes errant throws much easier to find and that helps speed up your round.  I was really impressed with all of the additions and was really happy to see the park being utilized by golfers. 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 01:58:46 PM »
I agree....when we were out there this past Saturday, the 7 of use playing wolf got done in about 2 1/2 hours with a pitstop of beer in the middle, plus playing with 7 is not a short plan.....but there were an additional 7 people out there playing as well during our round, so seeing 14 out at BV was great.

For the Wide Open will probably move the last hole to the short placement for a must get birdie on the hole.

The whole park looks great out there, and is really starting to get a much more welcomed feeling to it with all the additional programming that is going on out there.  You should do youself a favor and go play the "new" course out there.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »
Loved it. What a great park!

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »
Played (or attempted to play) Sunday.  Got lost on 10 in spite of the directions that were graciously left.  Probably more due to having never played the "monster" and less to the clarity of the directions.  Found what we think was supposed to be the pad for new #10.  Maybe some sinage could be posted, even if its temporary?  BV, even in this "shorter" configuration, definately isnt for the weak of heart....lol.  Even with my weenie arm, though, I was shooting 4's on most holes with a few 3's (and one 5) laced in there.  Definately liked it.  It kinda seemed like Water Works on steroids.
Sorry to hear about your luck!!!   :P

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »
10's pad on the short course is in front of the tree line, though that actually becomes hole #11 in the "short" configuration.  For the Wide Open we will be using the existing #10 pad for that placement.  Signage will be there soon, as of now, having the pads, and bright green grass around them is a start in the right direction!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"