Author Topic: Body Count 2012  (Read 1338 times)

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Body Count 2012
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:32 AM »
Fox News made sure to do a close up of the T-Sign for hole 12 during the 6 o'clock report last night!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
KMBC News article this morning stated that the body was found by by some "frisbee golfers."  Anyone know who found the body?
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
On the news report I heard the body was found by hikers.
Steven Disc Glover

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »
Here is the link...and I have copied the narrative:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/30153533/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Police Department said detectives have finished processing the crime scene off Cliff Drive where hikers on Thursday found human bones.

Spokesman Steve Young said it will be some time before much can be told about the remains, including the gender of the body. He said a gun was found in the area, but investigators do not know what connection there might be to the bones.

KMBC's Dan Weinbaum said two hikers reported finding the bones while in the area at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Police cordoned off the area while waiting for forensic experts to examine the bones.

Police said it appeared the remains were an adult, but it was not known if it was a man or woman.

Firefighters spent Friday rappelling down the cliffs in search of more evidence. The steep conditions in the area made the search dangerous and complicated, but police said they want nothing overlooked.

"So we need to move very slowly and figure where the exact crime scene is so they're taking their time, and we got a little bit of help," Young said.

Above the cliffs is a Frisbee golf course. Police said people were out playing a round on Thursday and ventured down the cliffs and spotted bones and a boot.

"Before they even start processing the scene it's important that we know where the scene is because it could be much larger than what we've started with, so from the standpoint right now, I don't think we're going to make any jump on guessing on the gender at this point," Young said.

It's been three years since Renee Pernice disappeared, and her cellphone was found in the area. Pernice’s mother told KMBC's Peggy Breit that she and her family are waiting for more information along with everybody else.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/30153533/detail.html#ixzz1inC2qyjI
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »
and a $25,000 reward for finding renee!
espouse elucidation

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »
Reports now say that they were frisbee golfers. One more reason why i won't go after a disc down there.

"Hey guys, can i get relief from this dead body?"

"Ummmm, i think you can only move that leg if its not attached to the body...."

In ball golf, if it's a dead body, it's a loose impediment, so if it's in a bunker, you can't move it. However, if the body still has a pulse, then it's an outside agency, so you can ask it to move.

There is actually a situation in the ball golf decisions manual that references that exact situation. Well, it's talks about dead fish, not humans, but everything else is the same.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.