Author Topic: New Dynamic Discs Store  (Read 3278 times)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
New Dynamic Discs Store
« on: January 27, 2012, 05:46:55 PM »
Hello everyone its Pete Cashen and I would like to clarify all of the rumors. I would like to announce the New Dynamic Discs Store coming to Kansas City! The Store will be located behind Oklahoma Joes in the Strip Mall to the East. The physical address is 2854 W 47th KCK 66103.
We will have a Grand Opening on March 9th and then the next weekend the KCFDC and Dynamic Discs will put on the Kan-U- Wyco. Dynamic Discs will be running at least 10 events in the metro area this year. The list is being put together now and we will release it soon. This will benefit the club through revunue generated. Dynamic Discs and your new local store will be donating a disc every week to every league this year for a give away.
There are several club members involved in the store Jeremy Rusco a club member, Scott Reek ( a 10 year club member), Ted Kieth and Myself.
We have been waiting to Offcially announce to make sure all the lease agreements are in order.
Thank You for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the club events and in the store!
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

Loomis

Re: New Dynamic Discs Store
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
Gosh. It sounds like they are doing us a favor. I wonder what's in it for them?

HaterAde

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
Yep, glad to see this doesn't resemble a takeover after all. Anyone want to form a welcoming committee and maybe pitch in on a fruit basket or something?

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »
Can't you already buy discs right there at OK Joe's? A little like building a Walgreen's directly across from where a CVS has been for years. But they do it all the time anyway.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

WrongfulLeaf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:37:58 PM »
Since KC is getting a DD store.....will any tourneys in the Metro area be on the DD tour?

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »
i don't understand why it is taboo to talk about another store. if there was a plan fine, let people know. didn't have to wait til you had an address to say dynamic discs are coming to kc. it feels like someones buddy started dating his buddies ex and didn't want to say anything until it was serious. #leftovers

too bad they're not moving near a good bbq joint. oklahoma joe's absolutely sucks. it's too sweet and i'll be damned if the best bbq in kc is from oklahoma.

putt, putt, give.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »
Actually, this has been common knowledge for a while I think. They just weren't saying when or where until it was a done deal.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »
Actually, this has been common knowledge for a while I think. They just weren't saying when or where until it was a done deal.

yeah kevin, but people still eat there
putt, putt, give.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 09:16:41 PM »
too bad they're not moving near a good bbq joint. oklahoma joe's absolutely sucks. it's too sweet and i'll be damned if the best bbq in kc is from oklahoma.

Actually that's in Kansas.

HaterAde

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »
I like OK Joe's, but since I don't have a horse in the KC BBQ race, who cares. ::)

At any rate, this just feels like the club has sold out. If the KCFDC is going to be getting all this money from Dynamic DISCS (edited for Tom), they certainly won't be needing mine anymore.

Looking forward to USING the courses that DD will so graciously be helping to "provide". If you hear an airhorn go off in mid-putt-stroke during any of these 10 events, just know that HaterAde is never far away. 8)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:44:35 PM by HaterAde »

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 10:33:55 PM »
Jeez....  free enterprise at work. My guess is that KC is a big enough disc golf town that this ought to be just fine. Options are good. Despite my previous comments, let it be known that in Leavenworth that has both a CVS and Walgreen next to each other, I frequent both places depending on the situation.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

AWalters

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
i don't understand why it is taboo to talk about another store. if there was a plan fine, let people know. didn't have to wait til you had an address to say dynamic discs are coming to kc. it feels like someones buddy started dating his buddies ex and didn't want to say anything until it was serious. #leftovers

What would happen if they announced that they were coming and then the plans fell through? Everyone that was expecting them to come would be pissed. I think that they did everything right in waiting untill it was offcial to post anything.

I will be glad that there is a new store in a different area. This will hopefully get non-disc golfers in that area wondering what they sport is about.

coops

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 12:37:34 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand all the trouble this is creating.

This is just free market capitalism at its best.

HaterAde

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 08:21:28 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand all the trouble this is creating.

This is just free market capitalism at its best.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the store or about competition between disc golf vendors.

The whole thing just seems shady as far as how they've been inserted into the club while others were forced to distance themselves from it.

By the way, just so everyone knows, I was asked to start the "Invasion" thread by someone with very close ties to the club's inner workings. There are more people concerned about this move than it may appear to you based on who posts here.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 09:14:15 AM »
frankly, i am excited because it says that they are putting on 10 events this year.

what always disappointed me here is that good tournaments don't always continue.  there are many tournaments that were running yearly when leslie and i started playing disc golf in town (LSD Doubles, DUI, etc), but many of them have fallen by the wayside because people just get burnt out or have other life commitments that get in the way.

well, guess what?  with all the club elections we've had since then, it's still the same people putting on events and they're STILL burnt out.  having the worlds didn't help that phenomenon at all either.  there isn't any new blood to carry the torch, so the number of tournaments put on the by the club has went down.

i don't think people want to play tournaments any less.  DD brings this to town.  they are probably going to pay a fee per golfer to use the KC courses.  what else do people want?  i just want to have events, and i don't really care who puts them on.  but hey, DD does a dang good job of putting on events.  he seems to know what golfers want in their events. 

DD's arrival in KC shouldn't be met with hushed tones or anything.  it seems to me that anyone that wants to take the financial risks can do so.  who are we to say that he can't do that?