Author Topic: New Dynamic Discs Store  (Read 3391 times)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Re: New Dynamic Discs Store
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »
 Seems to be alot of interest, which is a great thing for everyone! As I posted in the start of this thread will be running 10 events in the metro. Some of them are kcfdc events that we asked the board to participate in, some are exsitisting events, and some will be new events. We are all club members in this KC Dynamic Discs store, and the owner of DD is a kcfdc club member. We will be looking out for both the kcfdc and DD interests.
The club recieves $2 per player for all of the tourneys. DD takes the initiative to ask to run the event and present players packs. Also add money to the purse in one event so far, donating money to other events. DD will use the tourneys for the exposure for the kcfdc, the store and the DD website. The tourneys are about the players and giving them an opportunity to play in more events in the Metro Area without having to travel for an hour or two away from town. DD will make money off these events and there are alot of variables to how much you make in the end after expenses are covered from money you put out early and hope enough players show up to at least break even.
Anybody can run an event in KC if you choose. DD has asked to and we think we are doing the right way. We went to the BOD at a meeting and let them know we were opening a store in KC. That DD wanted to run events in KC. And asked them what we needed to do.
If anyone has questions about the store, DD role in KC tourneys or anything else please feel free to email me at ptinkcptinkc@yahoo.comor call me and I will help you out.
Thanks, Pete
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 05:44:38 PM »
If no entity is allowed to advertise then this thread needs a name change and wording of location. Talking about what tournaments DD is planning and how it affects the club is OK but coming on here touting a new store is asvertising.
I don't see DGW advertising their year end clearances in here or other gimmicks.
I'm kinda surprised nobody has edited this.
Steven Disc Glover

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »
If no entity is allowed to advertise then this thread needs a name change and wording of location. Talking about what tournaments DD is planning and how it affects the club is OK but coming on here touting a new store is asvertising.
I don't see DGW advertising their year end clearances in here or other gimmicks.

Really?  That is what you think is going on in this thread?   (shudder)
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

NoSponsor

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »
I have bought discs from both places.  I like both companies.

I agree with our Board of Directors, if you want info that must be acknowledged to our club then go to a meeting.  I would suggest that respect for others be restored, especially by members on the boar
Sean Elliott

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 11:02:47 AM »

Really?  That is what you think is going on in this thread?   (shudder)

Considering the fact that the main thread about this very topic began with rumors about the new store opening, this informational thread really doesn't seem like advertising (though it may very well be, indirectly).

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 11:24:15 AM »
It is advertising a store that is opening, it's not advertising that they have Katana's on special there Chief.......You don't think that informing the main group of people that at least are online in KC that a store is going here wouldn't happen.

BTW, DGW does advertise on here as well, they tell of their location and what you can get there from time to time, but it is in conjunction with other events that are happening, and that is a post about the need that some may want to fill at DGW.

So is advertising that lost discs are at DGW a bad idea then?

I think that the real culprit, is non-disc golf related, or local related industries, or the advertisements that Jeremy sends out if you are on the DD list, those ad's have not hit here from Rick or any other DGW employee, or DD employees.  Are links giving for more information, absolutely.  Should they be banned, NO WAY.

There is a line in credible information that contains advertising, and to date we have all been pretty blessed that the companies that Disc related industries have here locally have been above reproach to date.

My thoughts anyway, you can agree with Glover if you choose to......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 11:43:27 AM »
I have been trying to get ahold of Jeremy for over a month now,Phone calls to the store No return calls,I have talked to the people that will be running the store here No return calls from Jeremy.I have tried to leave a voice message a text message.And still no return calls.

I hope the future of the relationship with DD and the KCFDC goes better then the experiance that I am having.

Ya, It's not a step in a forward direction! I value everybodies time and I expect mine to be done the same. A simple "No" or "Not Interested" is not too much to ask!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »
I have been contacted ,Thanks Pete !
Team Ls Discs

kcfrisbee

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 10:02:25 AM »
I have bought discs from both places.  I like both companies.

I agree with our Board of Directors, if you want info that must be acknowledged to our club then go to a meeting.  I would suggest that respect for others be restored, especially by members on the boar
Or read the minutes posted within a few days of each meeting. 

NoSponsor

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »
You can't have input at the meeting by reading the minutes
Sean Elliott

kcfrisbee

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
You can't have input at the meeting by reading the minutes

Not true, I get plenty of input from members after they read the minutes.  This is why so often we table agenda items and put it out there for member input. 

NoSponsor

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 07:21:12 PM »
Sounds good
Sean Elliott

smitty

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
Grand Opening on Friday!

Swing by and check it out.

Also you can like us on facebook. Dynamic Discs - Kansas City, for updates and info on the KC store.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 09:08:23 AM »
Store open on Saturday? hours?
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 09:52:39 AM »

Address:    2854 West 47th Street, Kansas City, KS 66103
Phone:   (920) 379-0056
Website:   http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dynamic-Discs-Kansas-City/326534550716220
Hours:   Tue - Sat:   10:00 - 6:00 pm
                Sun:   12:00 pm - 4:00 pm