Author Topic: Kansas City Corp Challenge  (Read 1311 times)

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Kansas City Corp Challenge
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
Just saw they have disc golf for the Corp Challenge at Swope this year & curious if alot of people on here do this?
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City Corp Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:28:58 AM »
Team Kiewit has participated all four years DG  has been part of the Corporate Challenge. We play in the C division and have three golds and one silver.

We will probably have a team this year as well.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »
Awe, thats gona be sweet! Im not really sure what division my Co. will be in though. My buddy i play with at work is a lefty so i hope me & him can represent the Co.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »
Cerner has competed for all 4 years now in the A Division.  We have a less than stellar record (2 silvers and a gold). 

I would say the vast majority of us don't play in CC simply because their company isn't involved.  It's a lot of money for a company to join, and not all feel it's the best use of their funds.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »
I can see that. Do you know off hand how many employees a Co. has for what division they would be in?

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 12:24:36 PM »
Thanks man, couldnt find anything saying for sure but based on last years results i'llbe in division C. See ya there Tom.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
Thanks man, couldnt find anything saying for sure but based on last years results i'llbe in division C. See ya there Tom.

I think they wait until all of the companies have signed up before they break them down in to classes....I think they try to even out the number in each class.  If your company was in C Division last year, that's likely where they'll be again, although it's possible they'll move to either B or D depending on whether your company more or fewer employees than they did last year, in relation to the other companies in the challenge.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 12:45:25 PM »

I think they wait until all of the companies have signed up before they break them down in to classes....I think they try to even out the number in each class.  If your company was in C Division last year, that's likely where they'll be again, although it's possible they'll move to either B or D depending on whether your company more or fewer employees than they did last year, in relation to the other companies in the challenge.

Ahhh, well maybe division B then. We have been hiring like crazy.

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 09:58:41 AM »
I would say the vast majority of us don't play in CC simply because their company isn't involved.  It's a lot of money for a company to join, and not all feel it's the best use of their funds.

Chris, this is really sad.  When the entry runs $1300-4000, depending on the size of your company.  The A divisions companies waste $4000 in the blink of an eye.  Just short sided management that does not understand the team building and morale.

Do I sound bitter, I am :) Sprint/UT&T was one of the inaugural companies competing and now through numerous spin-offs and mergers the current local-telephone company (which will remain nameless) has refused to participate.

Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:56 PM »

Chris, this is really sad.  When the entry runs $1300-4000, depending on the size of your company.  The A divisions companies waste $4000 in the blink of an eye.  Just short sided management that does not understand the team building and morale.

Do I sound bitter, I am :) Sprint/UT&T was one of the inaugural companies competing and now through numerous spin-offs and mergers the current local-telephone company (which will remain nameless) has refused to participate.

I worked for Citigroup for a short time, and they have a 2800-employee call center near the airport, as well as CitiMortgage locations throughout the metro.  They think nothing about giving out $15 AMC gift cards a couple times a year for all 2800 employees, but something like this that would actually be a good team building experience they won't drop a dime on. It also promotes physical fitness, which is supposedly a Citi virtue. Go figure.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 07:15:29 AM »
Saint Luke's has bowed out this year because the gentleman that ran it for them retired.  Instead of seeing if someone else (or group of people) would be willing to run it, we just threw in the towel.

Employees were/are not happy.

Oh well, looks like I can help out this year instead of playing!

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »
I signed up from YRC Freight (YRC Worldwide, previously Yellow).  Haven't found a partner yet.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 04:43:54 AM »
i don't think it's about the money for all companies. if i had to listen to people beeotch every year about how they didn't get on the softball team or didn't get a fair shake in their try out, i might see it as a morale detractor.
putt, putt, give.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
I signed up from YRC Freight (YRC Worldwide, previously Yellow).  Haven't found a partner yet.

PM sent.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!