Author Topic: Kansas City Corp Challenge  (Read 1174 times)

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City Corp Challenge
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 06:50:35 PM »
I've played it in this for the last 4 years.  It's not my favorite tournament, but it's still fun and worth it if your company is part of it.  The setup at swope is about as easy as it gets, which I don't like.  I wish some of the holes would give even good players a chance at some fours.  But it's pretty much deuce or die type tournament and designed to maximize the flow of the large number of teams that have to play.  For me though, the biggest benefit, is that it is likely many peoples (including myself) first exposure to tournament/competitive disc golf.  And since then I have played many other tournaments, leagues, and am now part of the club.  I've been playing since '95 and I was pretty much a weekend chucker and now if I don't play at least once a week (even during the winter), I get pretty grumpy.  I attribute my current disc golf experience to two things.  One was finding a champion valkyrie which I could instantly throw at least 50 ft further than the DX Gazelles that I have been chucking for 10+ years and two, the KCCC tournament.  Honeywell will likely by in A.  See you all out there. 

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »
I've set the KCCC pin configuration for the past 4 years. One of the big reasons it's so short is we have to accommodate both men and women (nearly 500 players) over 1 weekend. They want the couse set up in advance, giving all players a chance to see the setup. There's probably only half of the total players that play golf on a regular basis, and only 10% that are tournament level players. That being said, I think we are going to use some longer pads for the men this year, so it should play a bit tougher.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »
I've set the KCCC pin configuration for the past 4 years. One of the big reasons it's so short is we have to accommodate both men and women (nearly 500 players) over 1 weekend. They want the couse set up in advance, giving all players a chance to see the setup. There's probably only half of the total players that play golf on a regular basis, and only 10% that are tournament level players. That being said, I think we are going to use some longer pads for the men this year, so it should play a bit tougher.

I understand why it's done.  I'm just saying I prefer some of the other configurations.  It's also crazy how busy Swope gets in April leading up to it. 

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 08:18:09 AM »
For those playing, tee times should be posted by April 13th here:

http://www.kccorporatechallenge.com/corporatechallenge.aspx?pgID=883