Author Topic: Minnesota Majestic???  (Read 620 times)

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
Minnesota Majestic???
« on: February 07, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
Is this tourney worth the trip and money?  Anyone from the area been....or going this year?
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Majestic???
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:39:59 PM »
hewho always goes, I'm sure he and his family would love to carpool with you.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
Yes, played it a number of years ago and had a great time.  Kaposia has to be one of the best courses to play.  Do it.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »
THe gripe has been that you don't know what courses typically until late, but its a fun event, and worth it for certain.  I may head up there with you if you plan on going......Bring Rain gear......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »
Worth it. The three main courses are Hyland, Blue Ribbon Pine and Kaposia. The PROS at the Majestic play BRP and Hyland. The AMS play BRP and Kaposia.

In May, there is a two round tournament of just Kaposia.

It takes six hours plus to get there, so if you don't get to torn up, you should be able to drive home after the final round.

The main issue is distance. BRP to Kaposia is the same distance from Olathe to Blue Springs with no main highway connecting them. So if you play the Majestic, housing can be an issue. However, you can camp at BRP which is pretty sweet. They have food, a bar, a pro shop and you can play glow at BRP so it's a big party on site. However, the last night you will have to figure out new housing closer to Kaposia.

In my opinion, everyone should play this tournament at least once.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »
Worth it. The three main courses are Hyland, Blue Ribbon Pine and Kaposia. The PROS at the Majestic play BRP and Hyland. The AMS play BRP and Kaposia.

In May, there is a two round tournament of just Kaposia.

It takes six hours plus to get there, so if you don't get to torn up, you should be able to drive home after the final round.

The main issue is distance. BRP to Kaposia is the same distance from Olathe to Blue Springs with no main highway connecting them. So if you play the Majestic, housing can be an issue. However, you can camp at BRP which is pretty sweet. They have food, a bar, a pro shop and you can play glow at BRP so it's a big party on site. However, the last night you will have to figure out new housing closer to Kaposia.

In my opinion, everyone should play this tournament at least once.

It's a fun tournament on fun and challenging courses.  Good stuff.  I probably won't be able to go....but would like to if I can schedule it.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »
Cool....well there is a pretty good chance I will be headed that way.....
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 07:53:36 AM »
If Timmy Gill is running it ,Its a Must play event.BRP is the bomb!
Team Ls Discs

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
GOttagogottathrow, is running it this year, It will be an A teir (Super tour). I've been the last 6 years. Always a go!

I just recently talked to Ray Jordan, The Owner of Blue Ribbon Pines...

" Hello, my friend. The Minnesota Majestic will be at BRP on Friday of the event. The other two days I am not sure about. I am all ready to start the bar and restaurant project at BRP and am having a whale of a time getting the bank on board. I thought the land my family ownes would be enough colateral but everything in commercial banking has changed. I will not stop until the island hole and the bar and restaurant are done. You have my word on it. Every time you come I want it to be better than the last time. Only the next time you are in town, I want to drink some beers with you. Tell everyone, Get to the Majestic this year!"

Yes, You read that right, There is a Tiki BAR in the middle of the course!!! It had waters and sodas available last year, This year, it COULD be pouring beer!!! BRP is worth going alone! 27 fun holes of golf! and slant, your "2 finga, finga pop", will work well there!

I may go and help out and just drink all day!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...