A couple things that might help you make the transition to the lighter weight...
1. The first throw you make with it, and maybe the first ten throws, should be standing still and with half speed. Get used to the weight and the flight before you start walking into the throw and using your full power.
2. To make sure you're throwing it correctly, first take your regular driver and throw it LEFT handed (for you lefties, I'm sorry, there is nothing that can be done for you. You're evil and that's that.) Throw leftie for a few holes and pay attention to what you're doing in your technique. This should help you slow down and use proper technique RIGHT handed.
3. This is not a TORQUE disc. You can use torque, but you have to be really comfortable with "low, hyzer" releases to do so. Until then, you have to under-power the throw.
4. If you are having issues with "flipping" try releasing the disc with your two middle fingers in the power grip and NOT the "pinch" of the forefinger and thumb. This should keep the spin down until you get the low-hyzer flip technique under control.
5. If your drive is coming out HIGH RIGHT. You're trying to kill it. Slow down.
I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, I would be glad to come work with you.