Author Topic: WESTWARD HO WORK DAY!!!  (Read 566 times)

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
WESTWARD HO WORK DAY!!!
« on: February 17, 2012, 07:41:46 AM »
We now have approval for the new holes...so we will be starting the process this weekend.  I am going to be getting a DR mower from Hal tomorrow (Sat) morning and hope to be at the park mowing by 11:00.  So if you want to help with some course work, please come out.

Gloves are a good thing to have!!

We will be across the trail from the new long 13 to start.

I imagine work will continue through the weekend and as of right now we will also be working at 11:00 on Sunday as well....so any free time you have will be a big help!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
Re: WESTWARD HO WORK DAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »
Awesome work day!!!  Lots of clean up work left but I would say 90% of the cutting of trees and grass is finished.  The new 14 hole will be our focus tomorrow and getting the short pin on 13 out of the gournd and down to the new 13 pin location.

One broken chain and one broken pair of lopers.....any chance we can get the club to replace these items??

A couple of trash cans and benches would also be very neat.

I'm excited to see what we can finish up tomorrow....maybe...just maybe get some pins in the ground this week or next weekend and then focus on some tee sign modification....Dick Parker...are you still the guy for this??  Need holes 9-14 re-done/re-numbered....I can get you all the specifics in the next week if you are still the man!!!

Thanks to: Hal, Nick, Jeff, Cooper, Brian, and Mark!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:26:14 PM by Slant »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 05:54:59 PM »
I am the man... man
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:01:45 PM »
Playable holes!!  Quickrete should be all set and ready to play for glow tomorrow if Tom moves the baskets!!  WOW!!  Thanks to everyone.....if you weren't there, you will never know the amount of work that has taken place the last 2 days....CRAZY!!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

coops

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »
both new 13 and new 14 are ready? that was quick!

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »
Speechless everyone....it takes Man Power, Horse Power and Disc Gold God Power to accomplish that much in a weekend.

Jack Lowe...any chance you can swing by DGW (assuming they are there) and bring me a range finder?  This week, if it's not too much to ask??? Please???  So I can get Dick distances for the tee signs.

New hole 13 has the long pin in.
New hole 14 already had pins and is now open for play other than a tee pad.
Hole 15 now has the water shot everyone has wanted since the hole was created....including a kick ass natural looking rock pin

It may be a pipe dream...but a little birdie told me...that maybe....just maybe....the tee pads will change this week nad hole 9 will be in our past.....just depends on the city's schedule and the weather.

I clocked 14 hours of work this weekend......along with a long list of others....I'll try not to forget anyone:
Nick Wink
Jeff O
Tom B
Deano
Mike D
Brian T
Mark A
Cooper
Brian C
Tom Pope
Tom Palmer
Dan Howard
Dan Z

P.S. - Don't hate too hard on the new stuff....it will get easier as the public sees fit!!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:12:04 PM by Slant »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 06:48:02 AM »
Speechless everyone....it takes Man Power, Horse Power and Disc Gold God Power to accomplish that much in a weekend.

Jack Lowe...any chance you can swing by DGW (assuming they are there) and bring me a range finder?  This week, if it's not too much to ask??? Please???  So I can get Dick distances for the tee signs.

New hole 13 has the long pin in.
New hole 14 already had pins and is now open for play other than a tee pad.
Hole 15 now has the water shot everyone has wanted since the hole was created....including a kick ass natural looking rock pin

It may be a pipe dream...but a little birdie told me...that maybe....just maybe....the tee pads will change this week nad hole 9 will be in our past.....just depends on the city's schedule and the weather.

I clocked 14 hours of work this weekend......along with a long list of others....I'll try not to forget anyone:
Nick Wink
Jeff O
Tom B
Deano
Mike D
Brian T
Mark A
Cooper
Brian C
Tom Pope
Tom Palmer
Dan Howard
Dan Z

P.S. - Don't hate too hard on the new stuff....it will get easier as the public sees fit!!  ;D

...and Chris Owens and Cindy Butler, at least for a while.  :)

The new holes look really good, and much more difficult than the ones being replaced.  ;D

Good job to everyone involved.  8)