Author Topic: Lost Blizzard Destroyer at Young Park  (Read 594 times)

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
Lost Blizzard Destroyer at Young Park
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »
Hey guys. I had a forehand drive go awry on me on 16 at young park and got my purple 134 blizzard destroyer caught in the top of the tree in the middle of the fairway. It was actually a good drive but it clipped a branch on another tree and bounced into a high branch and stuck there. I tossed my gatorade at it for about 20 minutes but couldn't get it to budge. It was just content to mock me... It is labeled with my contact info so if you happen to find it I'll be happy to buy you a drink for its safe return.  :P

Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Blizzard Destroyer at Young Park
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »
-UPDATE-I stopped off to look for it after work and it is  out of  tree but was nowhere to be found  :( Hopefully I can get a call on it...
PDGA#52809

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:22:57 PM »
-UPDATE-The disk has been recovered!  ;D
PDGA#52809

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
Do provide details please.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »
A guy visiting from sunny Southern Florida actually found it and contacted me. Met with him last night before he flew back home today. Real nice guy!
PDGA#52809

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
He has to be a real nice guy if returns discs while traveling....but its good to know that there are still good people out there.  It is really cool to get discs back when you are visiting locations.....I lost a disc in Georgia that I just couldn't believe it vanished, and got it back 2 years later when I was in Augusta giving the presentation for the Worlds Bid in 2009.  I lost in a course about 50 miles North of Atlanta, but they knew I was going to be in Augusta and made a point of coming to see me, and then meet me on my tee-time, it was cool.....

Now if only the 2 QMS's I threw into the water on Steady Ed course could come back to me from that trip...... :'(
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »
He has to be a real nice guy if returns discs while traveling....but its good to know that there are still good people out there.  It is really cool to get discs back when you are visiting locations.....I lost a disc in Georgia that I just couldn't believe it vanished, and got it back 2 years later when I was in Augusta giving the presentation for the Worlds Bid in 2009.  I lost in a course about 50 miles North of Atlanta, but they knew I was going to be in Augusta and made a point of coming to see me, and then meet me on my tee-time, it was cool.....

Now if only the 2 QMS's I threw into the water on Steady Ed course could come back to me from that trip...... :'(

Wow! That's really awesome that they held on to it for you! And it is awesome to know there are people like that. Total testament to the sport!!
PDGA#52809