Author Topic: Thoughts on #9  (Read 356 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Thoughts on #9
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »
I know that #9 is going away with the Westward Expansion project but I got to thinking last night.  If you left one of the pin poles in the ground, you could essentially have a 4th placement for #8.

Just thinking....
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on #9
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 10:18:47 AM »
Perhaps......  :)

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
I thought the city wanted to clear up safety issues with that hole being right at the entrance....wouldn't having a hole cross the street like that just bring back all the safety issues??  We could always just put a temp basket there for tourney or leagues.

My thoughts are that Hole 10 (new 9)  can get a longer pad over by the old 9 right pin.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »
Just played the new holes today and ran into Brian G working on hole 14. They look great. I wondered if you were planning on moving old 10's teepad back closer to the corner. I think it would also allow for another pin placement on old 11 somewhere around where old 10's pad is now. Lots of options. Keep up the great work!

coops

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »
I know that #9 is going away with the Westward Expansion project but I got to thinking last night.  If you left one of the pin poles in the ground, you could essentially have a 4th placement for #8.

Just thinking....

I like that idea... I can't picture the tee for 10 by either one of those pins, they both are too blocked to create a clear route and not just a dumb 3. One option would be to move the tee somewhere in the middle of where current 9's fairway is. There are some cool views from around there of the both of the current pin locations and it wouldn't require trimming or taking out any current trees to do it.