Author Topic: Work on Pads to be done  (Read 509 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work on Pads to be done
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:30:08 PM »
Folks,

I have requested money for new pads at Water Works, and was told that there is not enough money in the budget to make it happen this year.

What was decided though that could be done is to sandblast the last 2'-2 1/2' of the pad to "scruff" them up to allow for more traction on the pads.

Also while I was out picking up some trash, I found a few discs underneath the trashcans out there....anyone know why this is happening?

I was also told that the shrubberies between #18 basket and #11 will noe continues to be mowed, so we should see those grow again in the future.

I will work on more information to let folks know what is going on as we continue!

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
Re: Work on Pads to be done
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »

Also while I was out picking up some trash, I found a few discs underneath the trashcans out there....anyone know why this is happening?

This is often a way to return a disc to someone.   I have had people leave discs for me under trash cans so that I can return to the course and get the disc back.    I have also offered this as a way to return a disc.   

Additionally, it is nearly March.   As the legend goes, if you leave a disc under a trash can at Water Works in March, there is a chance that a Leprechaun will come by and bestow upon it magical Ace-making properties.     He may also pee on it.  Not quite sure why a Leprechaun would be messing with a garbage can.   I'm not really that familiar with the legend, obviously.   
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:49 AM »
And here I thought it was a tricky way to see who was doing trash pick up by Neenan.......Well, I will reach out to the people's whose discs they are then and handle it accordingly.

Trash cans with boulders, and bags of crap on them isn't the best place for a disc.  They took an awful lot of damage being underneath there, and are both warped pretty good.

I have never heard of an action like this before in all my years of playing.....interesting.   Yesterday I learned that a car can smash a jet helicopter powered blower and make a cool fire, and today its this......learning things every day!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:59:59 AM »
I have place found discs under cans before.  Usually becuase the owner lives on the other side of town from me and they place that certain course a bunch.  After calling them it seems be a good palce  instead of meeting up it can be easier to just place it under a certain can.  But now the secret is out to all the disc thieves out there.  There might just be a poisonous snake under some trash cans you "Snakes" that steal discs.  You disc stealers  might get what you deserve if u reach under and get bittin by your own kind. 

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »
This is true. I did the trash trick when people would find mine but now I feel like I might not get discs back at all.
Jay Cram

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
  But now the secret is out to all the disc thieves out there.  There might just be a poisonous snake under some trash cans you "Snakes" that steal discs.

If Missouri keeps cutting the academic budget, you might find me under one of those trash cans.
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »
I just can't believe that was the reason, now I feel bad about that......generally I try to go grab my disc if wsomeone is calling me on it, I will drive to get it if I want it, otherwise, I tell them to enjoy it!

Sorry for ruining a good gig folks.....on a positive note how many of the thieves are in our forum scouring for ways to find discs....and wich trash can are they under.....and how many will move them.......

so it may still be ok to do this little trick of yours folks.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"