Author Topic: disc golf movies  (Read 2949 times)

fenton

Re: disc golf movies
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
I have a gopro, this is my next purchase for video. It is the cheapest effective quadcopter on the market. For a long time I have wanted to do flyovers of coarses. Right now I have a pole with a camera...

Mike

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 04:27:45 PM »
So.....while it was hot this weekend, I was watching a bad Andy Dick Movie....(Division III) and noticed in the sporting goods store that they were selling disc golf discs....I had to pause it, rewind it, and show it off to my Mom and Marley.....I think that when you start watching movines and looking at the background props it may be time to change the channel......
:-)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
Do they have any RC blimps?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:06:09 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
So.....while it was hot this weekend, I was watching a bad Andy Dick Movie....(Division III) and noticed in the sporting goods store that they were selling disc golf discs....I had to pause it, rewind it, and show it off to my Mom and Marley.....I think that when you start watching movines and looking at the background props it may be time to change the channel......
:-)

Stealing Harvard, another bad movie, has a scene where a liquor store is robbed, and there are golf discs for sale in the background.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »
yep.....saw that as well, I like Tom Greene so I sat through that a few times........Clerks has some in it as well.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »
21 jump street also has a scene towards the beginning with a basket and cops getting a disc out of the lake
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »
ok, the technology is here, but still a little heavy and crude. this movie has a camera attached to a disc with rotational stabilizer. i'm just guessing the long drives are about 300.

probably impossible to really catch a roller POV for now. check the view at one minute for best flight shot

espouse elucidation

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »
Pretty cool! I only saw one basket very clearly... I wonder why they never putt... Does the pilot never throw anything but RHBH?
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 01:49:04 PM »
espouse elucidation

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 08:10:53 AM »
I recently caught a tournament ace on video and remixed it Neckbeard style. The shot itself is not all that great to watch, it is really more about our reactions. I eagerly await a review by esteemed disc golf video critic jamiDanger. I only ask that before determining how many mini's out of fore this video receives, he takes into account that 1)the video was completely spontaneous and last second (I barely could get the phone out and hit play before Matty threw), and 2) this is my first, but certainly not my last, attempt at video editing of any kind. Enjoy!

ADULT LANGUAGE WARNING: I was pretty excited to have pulled my camera out at the exact right time, considering I hardly ever do so during a round. So in the original 22 second video I drop 4 "F" bombs. Due to instant replay's I end up dropping a total of 6 in this remix video. Oh yeah, and Vince Herman of Leftover Salmon drops another 9 at the end, for a grand total of 15 "flockings", "motherflockers", and "flocked" in 1:53.  So if you don't like the "F" word, then flock off and go flock yourself ;D

https://vimeo.com/54900155

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 08:56:07 AM »
FYI this is not a movie, it's a silly clip that is : dare i say meaningless : so zero mini rating. there is nothing in said clip that involves acting or directing or cinemetography, i did {like} the end song by Leftover Salmon personally though. as a fan of Distrct 9, you may be on to a salvagable production value of filming with the cellphone if you could collect and edit more content. silly clip from a great heart, but zero mini from an indifferent heart.
espouse elucidation

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 09:06:52 AM »
I should have started a silly clip thread! your indifferent critique is appreciated and dare I say:slightly meaningful. maybe I will start working on a script for an ACTUAL disc golf movie to avoid future Zero mini ratings. If only I could convince Mr. Hermann and Mayor McCheese to star in it-that would merit 2 minis based on star power alone...

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:05 AM »
true that! i love costuming and wardrobe and hairstylists. speaking of star power and clips, here's a recent post to youtube from one of KC's own:

but i digress as you do. let's stick to movies on this thread please.
espouse elucidation

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »
I love that song Spenc... WHo is it????
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »
That would be my favorite live act-Leftover Salmon. 6-13-99 Sicko Fest. "We're Flocked Up" .I believe I downloaded the show free on archives a while back. Vince does the "We're flocked up" audience test at the beginning of the set as a baseline for the end of the set when he does it again. After tearing up the stage they end with with a  15 minute long  4:20 Polka>We're %$#@ed Up>arse Song Reprise>Rise Up Wake and Bake>Foolin>Bake Me With Your Best Pot>Rise Up>Coconut Song>Rise Up  sandwich, in true Leftover festival fashion. And I am pretty sure that he is more flocked up than most audience members by the end...

Best advice I can give anyone other than "play disc golf" and "brush and floss your teeth daily" is "go to a leftover salmon show before you die, because something like THIS might happen:
Insane "Wake & Bake" jam by Leftover Salmon from 2001

disclaimer:THIS clip contains Vince playing the funky alligator, drew emmet playing the electric rubber fish, Mayor McCheese (band mascot stolen from denver area mcDonald's in 199_, sadly the guy who tried to steal the hamburgler was captured and went to jail). The jam is already deep enough that there soon to be deceased banjo player Mark is without instrument at the start.

last non-disc golf movie/thread derailment, i SWEAR!!!