Author Topic: fishing  (Read 855 times)

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
fishing
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »
Im gonna make some attempts to get discs out of pond today.  Saw a dude use one of those triangular retrievers on the Memorial coverage and was wondering if anyone has had luck with those.  Anyone wanna come out and have a laugh or have any suggestions let me know.  Ill be there between 12 and 2ish
PDGA# 51376

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: fishing
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »
I borrowed one of those at Hays and got my disc back on the first toss and wasn't even sure where the disc was. I just took a guess at where it went in, tossed the tool out there and dragged in my disc. Pretty handy. I keep meaning to get one but always find something else to spend my money on. It's called the Golden Retriever if I'm not mistaken.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:19 AM »
I have a blue Katana in there.

Cade

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 01:47:21 AM »
Got a couple in there myself. Return = beers!
cg

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:47:51 AM »
If you find my REAL old fly-dyed KC Tee Bird from 10-11 yrs ago...just keep it.   :'(
But, let me know if you do find it.  Hint: It's North of the middle of the pond.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »
does anyone know mark albers number?  need to get some waders from him.  maybe brian or tom or??  have him call jeff 785 393 7064 if you see him
PDGA# 51376

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
I have an orange EcoStar Archon in there now as well.  Pretty sure Deano has 2-3 in as well.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:23 PM »
Blue Star Katana and Blue Star Tee-rex (with light) for me.  :'(

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 05:15:35 AM »
If I remember correctly Tim Fox? Fished out over 300 discs out of there a few years back.  He attached a rope to the end of a rake and threw it out and dragged the bottom. 

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
I seen a couple fat dudes swimming with about 20 discs today. Lots of regular league dudes names. I asked for the ones from people I knew and they said nope. They told me they sell them to play it again and DD.  I think not calling people is BS. Ive been in there a few times and always call or drop at DD for no money.   So maybe tom, andy, deano, cooper yall should call DD and tell them not to buy these. Or we kick their asses and feed them to the ticks on hole 13.                                                                                       Also the soccer mexis need to throw their trash in the 5 trash cans on the treeline between 11s teepad and the right pin placement.  Unreal  5 blue cans and 100 plastic water bottles laying 2 ft from them.  I picked up a few but jeeze what a bunch of crap.  I say  we chain 12s bench to a tree so they quit taking it down the hill to watch their stupid futbol game,  errr fagball. Just my .02
PDGA# 51376

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 08:46:50 PM »
Yeh, those fat dudes prolly need the $ to keep em in Mcd's.   ;D  Oh well, a park ranger might ticket them for swimming in there, or it's possible that if they have a cut or open wound that they'll get flesh eating bacteria.

We'll move the basket off the pond placement a few weeks and let them swim for nothing.

Once it gets cold they'll be out of business too.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:03:59 PM by Tom »

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 10:33:26 PM »
I seen a couple fat dudes swimming with about 20 discs today. Lots of regular league dudes names. I asked for the ones from people I knew and they said nope. They told me they sell them to play it again and DD.  I think not calling people is BS. Ive been in there a few times and always call or drop at DD for no money.   So maybe tom, andy, deano, cooper yall should call DD and tell them not to buy these. Or we kick their asses and feed them to the ticks on hole 13.                                                                                       Also the soccer mexis need to throw their trash in the 5 trash cans on the treeline between 11s teepad and the right pin placement.  Unreal  5 blue cans and 100 plastic water bottles laying 2 ft from them.  I picked up a few but jeeze what a bunch of crap.  I say  we chain 12s bench to a tree so they quit taking it down the hill to watch their stupid futbol game,  errr fagball. Just my .02

LOL, a disc golfer talking smack about soccer. ::)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555