Author Topic: New pad on #15?  (Read 710 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
New pad on #15?
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »
I haven't seen it but someone just texted me and said there is a new tee pad on #15.  Can someone provide details?  Is it a new pad to the left of the evergreen tree or was the old pad just moved?
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New pad on #15?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:03 AM »
The plan is to build a new pad on 15, but leave the old pad in place. There are stakes and paint at the new pad location only. The concrete may be there this week. If it is there already, I'd be surprised.

If all goes according to plan, 15 will have two or three pins on the west side of the walk trail, and the trail will be OB. The current 15 pins will go away. 16 tee box will move over near where 15 long pin is, and 16 will play to the current pins, but from the re-located tee. The walk trail will of course be OB for hole 16 as well.

I'm not sure if or when any of this will happen for sure, but that is the plan.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:34:29 PM »
Concrete is poured and drying in the new location!!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »
So is there a dump off for "newbies" out there?  In looking at the pictures, it doesn't appear to have a safe landing zone for people that may not be able to throw 200', which is common for most new players.  Is there a way to get across the water, or an alternate pad to allow for those that don't want to lose their plastic to get to the pin?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »
So is there a dump off for "newbies" out there?  In looking at the pictures, it doesn't appear to have a safe landing zone for people that may not be able to throw 200', which is common for most new players.  Is there a way to get across the water, or an alternate pad to allow for those that don't want to lose their plastic to get to the pin?

The old pad is still there for YOU jack......  ;)
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52:17 PM »
I think a sweet option would be to put 2 pins (baskets) in place sort of like Jack did a Blue Valley so the newbies can go at the old pin placements and the big boys can shoot across the water.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

coops

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »
I *think* the plan is to remove those placements and put 16s tee where 15 long currently, and to add a few extra placements on 15 past where that one sits now.

I agree with Jack's sentiment on this one though, there really isn't a safe way to play the hole if you don't have the distance. Though it is a cool shot it is not acceptable for all skill levels. Maybe a solution is to make a marking on the path near where the drop zone for RNS was. With some additional signage and really no additional cost it may be the cheapest and easiest solution for all involved.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:05:24 AM »
The short pad is there and sounds like it will stay...so it's the exact same shot to get over the water from there to the area between trail and pond (near the RnS drop zone)....I agree the new pad is for PLAYA's not players.

A short pin is being tossed around, but the city has spring work beginning and not going to commit as much time to the golf course....so that leaves it on us to get work done.

Cooper is right as far as the old 15 pins...they will be gone and 16's tee will go where the long 15 pin was....

It's all a work in progress for that hole yet....but we are slowly resolving all issues with the walk trail out there, and that is key with the city folk.

Please be patient and help when you can!!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
Thanks for all the clarification on this one Andy!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile