Author Topic: Leagues Back on Monday-2012 Schedule  (Read 549 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Leagues Back on Monday-2012 Schedule
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »
I will be tackling the tag team effort of myself and Ryan Westa in running the Northeast League Night on Monday in Kansas City MO!  The first Monday of each Month we will be playing the course at Blue Valley on the smaller course, the Ace Fund from Cliff will be in effect as well at this location.

I will be starting to run leagues on March 26 to be at Cliff Drive for the first one, then on the 2nd of April we will be at Blue Valley.  We will be starting at 5:30 those first 2 weeks, then move to 6:00 start time (that's start time, not time to sign up by 6.....) 3/26 Sunset @ 7:26 @ Cliff, 2 hrs.......4/2 Sunset @ 7:40 @ Blue Valley, a little over 2 hrs.....

There will be no Monday Night NE League on the following dates though:
May 28-Memorial Day Holiday
September 3-Labor Day
June 4 (tenative) After the Wide Open-depends on how we feel......more to follow as we get closer, or if someone that isn't part of the Wide Open wants to help run it....I am already looking for help on this date! ;D

The last league of the year for the NE League night will be October 1 at Blue Valley, because, well its the first day of the month. 10/2 Sunset @ 7:46 @ Blue Valley, a little over 2 hrs....

Rain-outs may happen from time to time, and I would check in here for updates as we will make an announcement generally by 3:00 pm if weather conditions dictate not playing.

I will work on setting the course up pretty short at Cliff, at the first few leagues, and lengthen it out probably 2 baskets at a time.

We will also play some different configurations from time to time to try out some of the new ideas that we are working towards on the land.

I do realize that this now enables you to play disc golf at 3 places on Monday night's, and realize your choice to play is imperative towards our success.

I thank you all for reading, and look forward to seeing you out at the course soon!

First night CTP's (Sponsored by the new Dynamic Disc's Store in KC) will be played on hole #11 to the Maroon basket.

Thanks DD!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: Leagues Back on Monday-2012 Schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:05:01 AM »
hey instead of bag tags we could paint cool roman numerals on machetes, play for blades and accomplish some course maintenance, maybe make whoever is b-o-b carry the trash bag, etc. either way should be fun, looking forward to leagues on monday at cliff!
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
 ::)

As if the rep of the courses aren't bad enough (though not really warranted) can you imagine the news reports of people walking in the park with Machete's carrying garbage bags?
 ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:10:35 AM »
order some red berets for lions den, i got enough t-shirts; bring back lsdoubles, i miss the 666 format, and yeah me and my machete are there today at 1
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:31:08 AM »
Hmmmmm........maybe the Lion's Den could go to a doubles Format this year, I will talk with the Pride about a change of this magnitude in honor of the 10th birthday.....

LSDoubles was just too taxing for me to do alone any more in all honesty, especially the way the Lion's Den has grown up with all the help from Dick over the years......it takes a lot of energy to do that, and honestly its tough, but maybe I will look into a return soon of something along those lines.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »
all sounds good, now look good, with a lions den beret

espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »

I will be starting to run leagues on March 26 to be at Cliff Drive for the first one, then on the 2nd of April we will be at Blue Valley.  We will be starting at 5:30 those first 2 weeks, then move to 6:00 start time (that's start time, not time to sign up by 6.....) 3/26 Sunset @ 7:26 @ Cliff, 2 hrs.......4/2 Sunset @ 7:40 @ Blue Valley, a little over 2 hrs.....

So for those of you that want to come out to Cliff to enjoy the park, we will be starting league on Monday this next week.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"