Author Topic: Tulsa  (Read 1262 times)

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tulsa
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:44:21 PM »
i'm going to Tulsa this weekend, I'll have most of the afternoon Friday and as long as I want Saturday...what courses are highly recommended?

I know, a look at the Worlds page would give info, but they were talking about new courses/layouts, and since I know nothing about the city to start with, who can advise?

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Tulsa
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 10:17:11 PM »
Steve,

The 4 courses you should play are Haikey Creek, Hunter, McClure, and Dovilio.  I like Hunter and Dovilio the best, but admittedly I haven't played Haikey since like 1991, and McClure is also decent.  None of the courses are real difficult, but Hunter and Dovilio are the most difficult.

The new Mohawk Park courses will be nice, from what I hear, but I don't know that they are finished just yet.

If you need an ego boost, go to the Birdiedome (aka Riverside Park)

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tulsa
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:39:05 AM »
2nd that.  Those 4 are the best, but I also haven't played Mohawk Park.

McClure and Dovillio are more open with Dovillio being longer, but McClure just as nice.

Haikey has some interesting holes that have plenty of big trees to work around.  It is probably between the first two in length.  Hunter has a few treacherous holes in the woods, but the rest are mostly open.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tulsa
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 09:20:32 AM »
What about Copperhead Canyon?  I hear that'a a bad mutha!
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tulsa
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »
It's heavily wooded.  Some fun shots though.  You also have to go there at a certain time for the course to be available.

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tulsa
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 12:26:29 PM »
Hunter is a great course!
iscraft Golf Discs