Author Topic: Warrensburg needs a course!  (Read 278 times)

Ltm88

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Warrensburg needs a course!
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:26:27 AM »
If anyone has the power to swing something like this it would be awesome. When I'm at school I have to go at least 25 minutes in either direction if I want to play at a decent course (Holden hardly counts). Warrensburg would be a perfect place for a simple little 9 hole course or something, maybe at Pertle Springs or the fields at DD! If anybody has any connections that could make something like this happen feel free to claim this as your own idea, I don't mind. I just want a more convenient place to go and play a round or two. So, if you can really make this happen post here, or if you just want to imagine how great it would be with me post here too. Also, if anyone is out this direction and wants to carpool to a course, get a hold of me and we can work something out.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Warrensburg needs a course!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:48 AM »
You're definitely not the first to think that the Burg would be a nice place for a course.

Get some buddies with portable baskets and go make your own course at Pirtle.  I have heard rumors about students doing that in the past.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:47:32 AM »
I'd play it if they put one in there. I'd help put one in there but I'm focused on the course at Sedalia right now. I heard rumors about a course planned for Warsaw too. Of course, that's even further from you unfortunately.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »
Warrensburg has had a couple things going.  The university has been approached several times over the years by disc golfers.  They were interested in the ideas but have focused much time and energy into a new rec center.  The city was also exploring the idea.  The last i knew, both forces were possibly combining efforts and exploring ideas and opportunities.