Author Topic: 2nd annual Hitting the Chains for BACA June 17th 2012  (Read 3011 times)

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
2nd annual Hitting the Chains for BACA June 17th 2012
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »
Calling all disc golfers, it is time to start thinking about Hitting the Chains for BACA. The tournament will be Sunday June 17th 2012. The tournament will be at Young Park again in Blue Springs. Entry will include 2 rounds of golf,  lunch, t-shirt, and commemorative disc. You can go to the link below to download an entry form or pay with pay pal.
As last year we are once again doing the CTP after the tournament for baskets. Winners in each division will win an Innova travel basket. The closest overall will win a Innove sport basket instead of the travel basket. We had a blast last year come join us for the fun this year.

https://sites.google.com/site/charitydiscgolftournaments/ 
Tom Henderson

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: 2nd annual Hitting the Chains for BACA June 17th 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 08:45:15 AM »
Here is a direct link to the entry form:

http://kcfdc.org/images/BACA_Entry_Form.pdf

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
Thank You for posting the entry form Kevin.
Tom Henderson

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »
Ordered the discs today. They will be 2 color roc's. Matt Hayes is printing the shirts so you know they will be top quality.
Tom Henderson

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
Just had a new sponsor come on board for the tournament.Thank You to Gails Harley Davidson in Grandview for your Hole Sponsorship. And Thank you Gail for all you do for BACA.
Things are coming together for this great event. Really looking forward to it.
Tom Henderson

NoSponsor

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
Good tournament for a good cause.  Can't wait to play in your tournament this year Tom.  I heard last years was a blast. 
Sean Elliott

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »
Thank You Sean, Be good to see you. It's been a while. Tournament is shaping up to be another good time.
Tom Henderson

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 07:56:07 AM »
Entries are starting to come in, thanks to Aaron Shanahan for being the first entry received. Remember we also have a Juniors div for 14 and under. they will play 2 nine hole rounds. Bring your kids and sign them up.
Tom Henderson

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 04:14:07 PM »
I just got back from the Elks Lodge. They are offering to open at 7am the day of the tournament to serve Steak and Eggs for $6 to all tournament players. The Lodge is only 1.5 miles from the Disc Golf Course. The address is 100 Brizendine rd. Blue Springs Mo. Right off of 40 hyw . Let me know if any players may be interested in breakfast.
Tom Henderson

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 10:22:13 PM »
Once again this year we will be giving away a set of NASCAR tickets. One of the players in the tournament will win them just by playing in the tournament.
I would still like some feedback on breakfast before the tournament. The Elks will open early to serve steak and eggs for a discounted price to disc golfers. If there is no interest I will tell them not to open early.
Tom Henderson

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »
The Wide Open is now in the history books. Congratulations to all the players and Winners. Now if you want a chance to improve your score at Young Park we have just the chance for you. Hitting the Chains for BACA is coming up real soon. Sunday June 17th. I know it is fathers day and I apologize for that. We were left with out many choices due to park and rec events at the park. This is a great tournament for a great cause. We have a Juniors division for those who would like to spend fathers day playing disc golf with their kids. We have some great prizes and giveaways including baskets and nascar tickets. Come help us support a wonderful organization and help abused kids.
Tom Henderson

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:38 PM »
the baskets are set for the tournament. Thanks to John Theiss.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:01:26 AM by tlhracer »
Tom Henderson

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »
Looking forward to another great event.  You always run a great tourney and go above and beyond with players packs, food, and giveaways. 

If you have never played in a disc golf event, charity events are the perfect first time event to get out and experience a tournament.  I see lots of new faces at Young all the time, i hope to see some of you newbies as well as meet some other newbie golfers. 

John

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 11:28:14 PM »
I'll be there in the morning.  John, I'll text you in the morning to remind you to bring my Shark. 
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »
First Class event once again, a big thanks goes out to the  Henderson family.  You all got a great thing going with the award winning competition BBQ, ctp  baskets for each division,  nice players packs, trophies, youth divisions, and numerous and  friendly tournament staff .  I am betting that next years  event will fill.  There were enough new faces, familiar faces, and regular  league and tournament golfers participating this year that word of mouth will get folks signed up next year.  It was cool seeing the youth golfers out playing, competing,  and having a great time.

Great job Hendersons!