Author Topic: East Side TEAM page  (Read 2802 times)

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: East Side TEAM page
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2015, 09:47:15 am »
So will hole 6 not be playable at this location until Sunday? 

That is correct, I am hopeful to go out after work tonight and tomorrow and finish the clearing and plant the pin.

any mandos on new 6, or feel free to bushwack through the pawpaws?

I would encourage people to NOT cut trees down, but there will also not be any Mando's on this hole.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2015, 11:06:57 am »
Yeah please don't cut down the paw paws :) Sometimes they provide a snack on the course.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2015, 11:13:23 am »
Interesting tip regarding the paw-paw tree....  If you have aphids on your tomato or other plants you can take some twigs from the paw-paw tree and boil them in water for a few minutes. Then take the  liquid and put it in a spray bottle and spray your plants. No more aphids......  :)  A heavy infestation may take two treatments... It works!  8)

Eschew chemical pesticides.....   >:(

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2015, 09:05:43 am »
I do not have the Dresser Card that went out, but I believe only Danger's 64 mattered on the card, as the top 3 scores from yesterday will make it, and the top 3 next weekend will make it as well!

The remaining scores were along these lines in a rain soaked mid-day delay time line.

Travis Corporon-59
Jamie Loveall-62
Jamie Danger-64

Congrats to those guys for shooting pretty damn good! *There was one round incomplete when I left the course, so Zeke MAY have shot better than Danger.....

Zeke Henry-66 (though did play another round, needs scores)
CD-68 (YEOUCH TRIPLE OB 9 on #14)  Great 3 on 3, and almost 3 on 16 though
Tink-73
Tony B-76
Neal-77

Plus the other 3 from Steve's card.

Will try this again on Sunday next week.  I hope to get the course in better shape this week as the weather doesn't appear to be raining every day as it did last week.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2015, 10:55:20 am »
Steve/Jack,

Please be figuring out how many shirts you need to order.  Getting that to me by this time next week would be great.  May 25th at the absolute latest. Sooner the better to ensure our provider can get your shirts in stock and printed in time.

Thanks!

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2015, 11:13:23 am »
17-Island-750-Par 5 (Go to DROP zone if second Shot is NOT on island, must be on ISLAND or DZ)

Just noticed the comment for playing #17. According to that, you can't layup short or to the right peninsula on your second shot.  You're required to go for the green.  That's incorrectly explained, yes?

If the result of a throw is determined to have gone out of bounds closer to the pin than the Drop Zone, then go to the DZ. Otherwise play normal OB rules.  Once you establish a lie on the island green, play normal OB rules.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2015, 12:54:36 pm »
Correct--Should read if OB....sorry that is the notion.  Good catch!

DROP ZONE if you go for the island (and are OB), regardless.  Once you go for the Island, after your second shot, you go to the DZ REGARDLESS of where it went OB.  So if you are throwing from the Peninsula pin, and hit the basket and roll OB, you go to Drop Zone.  Yes that punishes the distance, but that is what we are doing.

At this point I don't believe that this course is to be used for the competition, but......if it is altered, then we could revise the ruling.

However this has long been the model for the placement on the Island.  Anything after the second throw that goes OB does go to DZ regardless of where it goes out. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:02:18 pm by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"