Author Topic: Pin Placements  (Read 4520 times)

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pin Placements
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 10:22:40 PM »
I request that all 18 pins be in the special Hyzer-Keizer favorite special tournament special locations when i come to visit next month.  :-\
Drew D Neitzel

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
I moved a few Friday before the Ice Bowl, but forgot to update the page.....sorry.....Let's put 17 on the Island if you get a chance!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
Played it Wednesday, and thoroughly enjoyed the set-up.  Especially 1 short, 2 long, and 4 long.
Joe Hesting
West Side 4 Life!!!!

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »
I moved a few Friday before the Ice Bowl, but forgot to update the page.....sorry.....Let's put 17 on the Island if you get a chance!

Hmm, don't you have a set of keys, and aren't you in the neighborhood fairly often? I'm only taking requests from non-keyholders at this time, sorry. ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 08:34:47 AM »
didn't see your post, but moved them and all the trash on #1....as well as the rest of the trash cans, emptied this weekend. :P
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

cro

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
What's the status on the new holes going in at Cliff?
Matt Crowe
PDGA #48148
KCFDC #1318

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 09:06:17 AM »
I am going to "try" to get out there on Saturday or Sunday this week to mark the first 2 new ones.

I am really having a hard time with the hole #6 extension and egress point more so than I really thought that I would when I was looking at it more and more this weekend.

The new "cliff" hole is going to take some serious work with the partnerships of P&R is my guess, unless we get another workday out there that is CRAZY people helping out to remove all the honeysuckle and trash.  I would imagine in all honesty that new hole is about a total of 20-30 hours of work needed to get it to a point to start to sculpt it.  So if we had 6 people it would still be a day's work.

The initial holes are probably about 20 hours each, and the #6 extension I really can't figure out how much time, and more importantly how to remove the cuttings once we get there.....it is much more difficult than I had thought, but I know once it is done, it will be one of the cooler holes available.

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
Hey Jack, let me know when you need some help. My friends & I were all talking about how all we do is play the courses around here but never help with up keep, trash, etc & we want to get more involved with helping out. If I had a weeks notice I could prob round up at least 2-3 people to help with whatever is needed.
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »
I'm sure I can drag Chris out there with me to help out as well.  ;D
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »

The initial holes are probably about 20 hours each, and the #6 extension I really can't figure out how much time, and more importantly how to remove the cuttings once we get there.....it is much more difficult than I had thought, but I know once it is done, it will be one of the cooler holes available.

When I cut the first portion out, I simply drove my truck up P&R's makeshift gravel access ramp, and backed in just past the basket. If we actually have some help other than the usual suspects, it won't be a problem at all. The important thing is to have help dragging off the cut material so the guys doing the actual cutting don't have to stop and do it themselves.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »
The other thing though is all the tires that are in there for the alternate route.  I want your placement to be a "cheater" shot if someone wants to get crazy and attempt a 3 or a 4.  The line will be to go to the original placement then throw a RHBH hyzer and then lay up for a 4 on top level golf.  This assumes that the first RHBH Anny is close to the original pin.

By going towards the right placement, if, "IF" you make it past that pin location there may be a shot to get an anny up on the next level, albeit through some thick schule, and be able to get a 3, but the risk is going to be there, tight to get to the pin placement, and tight to get onto the green from that location, plus there are quite a few elevation changes, and hitting some of them will severely worsen your chance at a 7 let alone safety to the green....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 02:04:44 PM »
I never even thought about a cheater route. That's going to be 3 or 4 times the work if we do that. I'd rather just stick with one route straight past the main placement, but that's just me. *shrug*
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
I really like the "cheater" routes in the heavy wooded holes.  I wanted to look at doing one on the final few holes, but I am not going to be using that area now, and I am glad.  I think that they are going to be working on that area as a dog park.  Glad I am not going to be battling that option!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 04:35:36 PM »
I really like the "cheater" routes in the heavy wooded holes.  I wanted to look at doing one on the final few holes, but I am not going to be using that area now, and I am glad.  I think that they are going to be working on that area as a dog park.  Glad I am not going to be battling that option!

Well gosh diggety darn it, let's put one along the extreme left side of #4 for the long placement! Yes, oh yes, that would be SWEET! ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 05:05:36 PM »
If we can muster up a point to get down on Chouteau from it, I am not opposed. 

I have been thinking about this since they ripped open the guts of the area....

The other option, and I am serious, would be to walk down the back side of #3, then come around to #4, and then "up the stairs" and go down along the "new" opening from last year, and throw out #5
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"