Author Topic: New Players League Monday Nights  (Read 5306 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
New Players League Monday Nights
« on: April 05, 2005, 09:47:08 AM »
Just want to thank everyone for last night I had a great time.  Looking forward to doing it again next week.

FYI: It was mentioned by Paul that this league would begin at 5:30pm instead of 6 next week.

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 09:01:45 PM »
I would also like to thank everyone that came out on Monday night. I believe all total there were something like 13 people altogether. Looking forward to playing next week.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 10:04:25 AM »
Rain or Shine?  Whats the protocall on weather like today?

Thanks,

Dennis

dclabe

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 12:32:42 PM »
Generally speaking leagues go on rain or shine....always some diehards who play regardless of the conditions.  My advice is if you want to play show up, days that look iffy have a surprising turnout.

Pewp

New Player League
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 03:28:18 PM »
I am new to this and while at Oklahoma Joes I saw a sign speaking of new players league. From what I understand it has already started. Are new people welcome even after the start date, are there fees involved, how long is the season, is there a website with more detailed information about getting involved in this or just show up at rosedale on Monday nights at 5:30ish. Sorry for the newb questions but this game is a blast and to play with others in an organized fashion would be splendid. Thank you for your time.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Player League
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 03:39:45 PM »
Quote from: "Pewp"
I am new to this and while at Oklahoma Joes I saw a sign speaking of new players league. From what I understand it has already started. Are new people welcome even after the start date, are there fees involved, how long is the season, is there a website with more detailed information about getting involved in this or just show up at rosedale on Monday nights at 5:30ish. Sorry for the newb questions but this game is a blast and to play with others in an organized fashion would be splendid. Thank you for your time.

Hey no problem, we are always taking new players every week, so to answer that question no it's not too late.  Come on out on Monday!  There is no cost involved, you do not have to be a KCFDC member (it is encouraged).  Show up a little before 5:30 since we try to get started at 5:30.

Dont worry about newb questions I have/had lots of them in my 4 month's of addicting DG.

-Dennis

Pewp

Thanks
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 07:45:43 PM »
Thank you for your timely response. 1 more question - approx total time involved? I know thats a tough one cause it depends on how many people attend etc. but I may need to make arrangements at home for things that usually happen at around 8:00p.m. or so. Looking forward to attending.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 07:57:48 PM »
Lately we've been finishing up between 7:40-8:15 I know it's a big window but it just depends.  I would encourage you to come on out even if you're on a time crunch.  If you have to leave at 16 holes that's fine just dont walk off with the card :D it's a good expierence for a beginner.

Hope to see you out!

-Dennis

ferret

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 03:27:59 PM »
Is it too late to join this?  I recently picked up disc golf at the suggestion of a friend who has gotten too busy to get out and play much.  Leaving me with a small stack of unused discs. lol

-Chris

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 03:33:06 PM »
Quote from: "ferret"
Is it too late to join this?  I recently picked up disc golf at the suggestion of a friend who has gotten too busy to get out and play much.  Leaving me with a small stack of unused discs. lol

-Chris

Not at all man come on out 5:30 Monday's we meet by the first tee, Rosedale park.  If you dont know where that is check the www.kcfdc.org homepage and go to courses.

See you there!

-Dennis

firerec

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 03:33:36 PM »
It is not to late for monday night we are out there every monday till late in the year.

ferret

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 03:45:35 PM »
Glad to hear that.  I have not actually been out on a course yet to practice my driving so go easy on me.  :)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »
Glad to hear that.  I have not actually been out on a course yet to practice my driving so go easy on me.  :)

You'll be fine, we all have to start somewhere.

-Dennis

ferret

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 02:43:11 PM »
I am going to try to make it out there today.  Looking forward to it.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 02:47:13 PM »
I am going to try to make it out there today.  Looking forward to it.

Cool I look forward to meeting you.