Author Topic: "Big Wave" Dave's STOLEN bag  (Read 816 times)

Big Wave Dave

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
"Big Wave" Dave's STOLEN bag
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »
So I was playin' Beer League at Swope last Sunday.  I left my bag sitting at the pro shop after our round and someone STOLE it!  I only had 3 beers the whole round and I'm pretty sure that's where I left it before someone picked it up.  And the next day when I realized I left it I went back and it was gone!  Please help!!  It has sentimental value.  One is a double-ace disc I got from Dunipace (the aces were mine).  All of the discs are marked with "Big Wave" Dave on the front and back of the discs.  If you see any "Big Wave" Dave's flying around, duck, and if it's not me that threw it ask the dude where he got his disc. >:(then call me!! (913) 488-1926)                           $23.58 REWARD!!!!! (that's all I've got).

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "Big Wave" Dave's STOLEN bag
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:14:09 AM »
I hate thieves!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »
Bastards

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 02:53:52 PM »
How do you walk off and forget your whole bag and not realize it until the next day?  I've done that with a disc or two (or a dozen) over the years, but not once have I left my entire bag at a course.  That's the second time in a month that I have heard that happen at Swope.  Last month, after a round at Swope a buddy and I were walking back to our cars and sitting by my car on a large boulder was an innova deluxe bag full of discs.  Looked around nobody was around.  I got the owner's number off the discs and a dude named josh answered when I called.  I told him where it was after I had hid it by the clubhouse in a bush.  Hopefully he got it back.  He didn't want to come pick it up that night from me and honestly I wasn't going to drive the opposite way I was going to return it.  And I don't think it would have fit in the drop slot at the clubhouse.  Ha! Ha! 

Now I have returned a bag full of discs to the rightful owner, but if I walk off the course and leave my entire bag there overnight, I would have a hard time saying it was STOLEN!  I'm not saying that whoever has it should keep it and they SHOULD return it to the rightful owner ,but geez keep track of your stuff.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »
well said...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
I was wondering if there was anything in the bag or on the discs to allow someone who has no idea who the owner is to contact them. A phone number or anything like that. Who knows, it might have been found by a park employee but they would have no idea who Big Wave is. I expect a park employee would contact someone else in the club about it but who knows.

But, lest ye think I am slamming anyone about having contact info in a bag, this reminds me that my stuff is all labeled with my initials and PDGA#. If I left my bag behind anyone that found it that had no idea who KMont #12037 is would have themselves a bag and no easy way to return it. I see a label of some sort being applied to my bag in the near future....   ::)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
I only had 3 beers the whole round

Sounds like it was the 17 beers BEFORE the round that sealed your bag's fate ;D  Hope you get it back!

Big Wave Dave

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »
OK, I was being sarcastic about the STOLEN part.  I got drunk and left it at the course.  AND every disc had my name and number on it.  If I get em' back, great.  If I don't it's probably cuz I don't deserve to.

Big Wave Dave

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »
Got 2 discs back that a friend found at Rosie Sunday, within an hour of each other; 1 up top, 1 down under, 1 being the double-ace disc.
I still can't putt but life is good.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
So someone has your discs and is using them instead of returning them? Okay, so now you can say your bag was stolen. Finding lost property and having the opportunity to return it but keeping it is the same as stealing. At least in my opinion it is... Glad you got your ace disc back. I lost one last year and still miss it...  :'(

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »
That makes me mad!!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »
K-Mont......I was given a Star Destroyer that at one time was yours......I don't think that you do Jamie Danger designs on your disc, but the PDGA # and initials KM make it yours.  Someone gave it to me at league last week.  I will keep it in my car for future reference....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 03:13:21 PM »
K-Mont......I was given a Star Destroyer that at one time was yours......I don't think that you do Jamie Danger designs on your disc, but the PDGA # and initials KM make it yours.  Someone gave it to me at league last week.  I will keep it in my car for future reference....

Was it a green and black Star Wraith perhaps? I can't recall ever owning a Star Destroyer, Pro yes, Star no. I'll look forward to getting it back whatever it is. I hardly ever get lost discs returned.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »
It looks like a jamie danger design, it may be a wraith, now that I think of it, it has a signature on it.  I was just confused as it had black marker all over it so it resembles a fan, but the KM and 12037 made me look it up and see it was in fact yours!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"