Author Topic: Dynamic Discs Clinic  (Read 989 times)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Dynamic Discs Clinic
« on: April 08, 2012, 10:19:39 PM »
New Players and Women's Leagues on Monday night at Rosedale Park, will have a Dynamic Discs clinic starting at 5:30pm and will feature two of their Tour players Catrina Allen and Paul Ulibarri. They will put on a clinic for the players and whoever else would like to attend. Thanks and we hope to see you all there!
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

BenC

Re: Dynamic Discs Clinic
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:17 AM »
This is an unscheduled clinic.  I did not have time to get information out to all the courses and stores in town but I am not going to say no when an opportunity like this comes up.  If you had planned on getting out tonight great.  Things will be a little different tonight because getting some advice from this caliber of players will raise your game more than playing a round and trying to figure it out on your own.  Like always we may have time to get out on the course and put into practice what has been passed on.  It all depends on the daylight.  If you live on the East side of town, and don't usually come out, take the little extra time to get to Rosedale so you don't miss this.

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57:39 AM »
A great big THANK YOU to all the players that showed up last night at our Dynamic Discs Clinic. There was over 50 people for this event. And a Thank You to Paul Ulibarri, Catrina Allen and Ken Franks for sharing their tips and technics with the people that showed up. The first question from the crowd was about the mental game and they all touched on that. Very interesting to hear the pros talk about what they go through. Then putting demos, and then Catrina starting throwing some 350' and longer drives. Catrina then worked with the girls for about an hour on their driving and putting. Paul and Tank threw some bombs also then worked personally with whoever had questions. All three pros said that was one of the biggest turnouts of players for a clinic that they had been a part of. Great time last night I hope everyone got something out of it.

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:42 AM »
My wife was sick so I wasn't able to make it. That being said... When is the next one??!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »
Probably during the week of the KCWO.

Dale W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »
Wish we could have been there, but a nasty four letter word got in the way...work.  Sounds like alot of great information and help was available.  Definately look forward to the next one, though.
Sorry to hear about your luck!!!   :P

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »
The New Players and Women's League on Monday Night 4/16 at 5:30pm will feature Dynamic Discs Team Members Phil Arthur World Masters Champion, Paige Pierce Current Worlds Women's Champion and Paul McBeth from California. There could be a few others show up also. There will be a Question and Answer and then a distance demo by the top players in the world. This should give you time to play after the demo. I hope to see you all out there on Monday evening!

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »
Thanks again for everyone that showed up for this weeks Monday night clinic. Like Ben said we had a great turnout and a huge turnout of pros. The women even got to play four holes with Paige, Catrina and Brittney.
Please give me some feed back on what you think the future clinics should have in them and what you thought we could have done better. There were so many big arm pros I thought the distance demo would be fun. 

kcfrisbee

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »
With the large crowd joining the clinics I think a microphone would have made it better.  Overall it was a sweet deal, tons of good info.

Thanks again for everyone that showed up for this weeks Monday night clinic. Like Ben said we had a great turnout and a huge turnout of pros. The women even got to play four holes with Paige, Catrina and Brittney.
Please give me some feed back on what you think the future clinics should have in them and what you thought we could have done better. There were so many big arm pros I thought the distance demo would be fun.