Author Topic: Hours?  (Read 586 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Hours?
« on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
OK, with all the discussion on Old Pike, seems like I have to check it out.  Is this a course I can just swing by on a Saturday morning and play or what or do I have to request permission?

Thanks!
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Hours?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »
Guess you have to be part of the secret society to play Pike.  Oh well. 
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
I'm not sure if there is the ability to pay for a single round of golf. I always thought you just plain had to be a member of the Old Pike CC, which I believe is $50 a year for Disc Golf only. We need our fearless moderator to set the record straight though.

HOWEVER. you can come on tuesday nights and play doubles for no membership fee :D
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:26:19 AM »
I'm not sure if there is the ability to pay for a single round of golf. I always thought you just plain had to be a member of the Old Pike CC, which I believe is $50 a year for Disc Golf only. We need our fearless moderator to set the record straight though.

HOWEVER. you can come on tuesday nights and play doubles for no membership fee :D

Correct. Unless things have changed the only day you can just show up and play the course without paying $50 for a year to be a member is Tuesdays for league night.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
Thanks for the clarification guys.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
I thought that there was a $5/day fee if you did show up on a date other than Tuesday.....I could be wrong though.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Old Pike Mike

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
Tom, Tom Tom.  No secret society.  The secret old men's league is a Rosedale thing; not Old Pike.  And that stops once the vernal equinox hits. 

Regarding Old Pike, every Tuesday is doubles open to the public.  Last week:  24 players including Katrina and Ulibari; so, you never know who will show up.  Prior week, Tank brought the putting champ, Jay Reading.  And, there are typically Dynamic Disc giveaways and sometimes other contests. 

You know most of the disc members (mostly old KCFDC members.  We would love to have you for a member.  You are also welcome to try out the course if you haven't played it.  Just let me know when you plan to play and your vehicle information.    I typically don't check the message board and can't get personal e-mails during the day.  But, if you send me your information off line, I can let the General Manager know when you plan to play and it will all be good. 

Come out tonight if you can.  Mike T.