Author Topic: INTRO - Heading your way ...  (Read 738 times)

bazillion

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
INTRO - Heading your way ...
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
Baz here, sitting at his computer in Southern California, thinking about what life's gonna be like when he moves to KC ...

... which is gonna happen later on in the year, probably fall-ish (or sooner if I find work).  Thought I'd introduce myself - I'm an old f@rt, been playing rec for quite a while, on DGCR pretty much all the time.  I'm a solid 815 player (internet distance - no, woops, that's my PDGA rating), hope to shoot a round or two when I come out to visit in late July ...

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: INTRO - Heading your way ...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:57:33 AM »
Def plan on a Friday eve league round at WyCo...teeing off @6pm...try to be there a bit early.  Usually a good bunch of old farts playing there.  :D
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »
You are going to love Kansas City for disc golf!

Where do you throw now? I'm guessing Huntington Beach, Long Beach, La Mirada...   We have courses you will enjoy for sure. Let us know when you will be here in July and we'll point you to a league or casual round to get you introduced to the area.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

bazillion

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
I'm all over So Cal, from HB to Sylmar with occasional forays out to Casitas and Wrightwood when the itch gets too bad.

I'll be in KC from 7/14 through 7/25 but as much as I want to throw plastic until my arm falls off, my main project is to find a job where I can do some damagething constructive when I do pull up stakes.  Until then my actual play schedule is very up in the air.

Can't wait though.  I've played WW and Swope - if all goes well in the interview department I'll park wifey at a mall somewhere, play those two again and sample the KS courses as well as that new one they just put in in Kearney.

bazillion

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:36:09 PM »
Update - Been here for 10 days now, played Swope, Jesse James, Water Works and Rosedale top (and reviewed 'em all on DGCR) but the temps are getting me down.  Wifey's telling me to go play one more - she suggested Rosedale down under - which I'm gonna try to do before the big bird takes me back to la la land on Friday.

Just to let you know though - you guys have it ALL OVER So Cal when it comes to top-quality DG courses and I'll say the same thing to my buddies when I get back.  The "great" courses of the LA basin - Oak Grove, Huntington, La Mirada, etc. - are like the "average" courses around here.  The best that So Cal has to offer - Casitas or Wrightwood - aren't nearly as awesome as WW.

You guys got it made.  Glad to have had the last few days to play here and I'm looking forward to more once I get the job thing settled.

AdamC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
Glad to hear you are enjoying the courses in KC!  I have to say we're a bit spoiled here :)

Make sure you sign up for the club when you come back!  Also, you still have a solid dozen or so courses in the area to cross off your list...

bazillion

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: INTRO - Heading your way ... update 8/30!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »
Well I must be doing something right because I just accepted a job offer and will be moving out to KC in a couple of weeks!  Figure I'll be busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest but I fully intend to put the fear of God into some trees once I arrive and get settled.

Thanks to all who helped, one way or another, especially the people @ DG World, where I'll probably be spending a good chunk of my paycheck :-)

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:29:01 AM »
Congrats, dude! I moved here for work over 13 years ago and still haven't left. KC's the shiz! 8)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555