Author Topic: Baskets to go back June 1 2006  (Read 3933 times)

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Baskets to go back June 1 2006
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 10:30:29 AM »
that's great.....cause there will be a trash can at almost every hole.  and benches....people would pass out without a bench every hole.

how about the signs?  can you guys get the layout of the hole well enough the way the images are?

IT RAINED LAST NIGHT!  COME ON GRASS

OR WEEDS!

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 12:09:55 PM »
The signs are terrific, and accurate especially when you scope out some alternative placements like the ridiculously long 7 placement. One question on #10 fairway and green, is that a shorter left placement almost in the #1 fairway?? The posted elevation changes sure do help also.
espouse elucidation

Mark Morales

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 04:10:06 PM »
We did have two errant throws in to the playground at hole 1.Of course it was a very windy day and one's second throw and others third throw  went towards the youth playing. Sure hate to see any accidents.

Did any one else from the other players cards do the same?

The problem of trash strewn was of course the previous day's picnic, and probably the raccoons and other creatures straying to the trash.

I did hear from club members that they suggest possibly painting the numbers on the tee signs at each hole. They realize that may be a problem as it should have that rustic or natural look.

On Monday the holiday, there were families and not much other activities that cause concern.  
We will work on solutions with KCPR, and KCPD about these and other matters.

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 09:29:52 PM »
How many holes have alternate pins?  Will amateur tees be marked and played before they are installed in concrete?

superq

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 07:41:03 AM »
Quote from: "Mark Morales"
We did have two errant throws in to the playground at hole 1.Of course it was a very windy day and one's second throw and others third throw  went towards the youth playing. Sure hate to see any accidents.

Did any one else from the other players cards do the same?

The problem of trash strewn was of course the previous day's picnic, and probably the raccoons and other creatures straying to the trash.

I did hear from club members that they suggest possibly painting the numbers on the tee signs at each hole. They realize that may be a problem as it should have that rustic or natural look.

On Monday the holiday, there were families and not much other activities that cause concern.  
We will work on solutions with KCPR, and KCPD about these and other matters.

not sure it will help with the numbers for the pads that are already there but for the short pads, We have brass numbers about 6 inches tall set in the concrete at the backs of the pads at Rice... they were laid in there when the cement was poured so they arent going anywhere (not that crime would be an issue for BV) :D

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 10:45:29 AM »
Quote from: "jamidanger"
The signs are terrific, and accurate especially when you scope out some alternative placements like the ridiculously long 7 placement. One question on #10 fairway and green, is that a shorter left placement almost in the #1 fairway?? The posted elevation changes sure do help also.

that extra pin is gonna get pulled out i believe.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 11:03:19 AM »
Quote from: "Mark Morales"

if we painted them we'd be a slave to the paint every year.  as the rust sets in the numbers should become a nice reddish orange and easier to see from a distance.  then we'll spray laquor on the signs.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 11:07:57 AM »
Quote from: "superq"
not sure it will help with the numbers for the pads that are already there but for the short pads, We have brass numbers about 6 inches tall set in the concrete at the backs of the pads at Rice... they were laid in there when the cement was poured so they arent going anywhere (not that crime would be an issue for BV) :D

i love those numbers at Rice.  I really think they make that little course seem more professional than it is.  That idea was brought up and i'll keep pushing for it.

do you know where they were purchased?