Author Topic: Lemondrop Open on Mt. Lemon in Tucson AZ  (Read 425 times)

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Lemondrop Open on Mt. Lemon in Tucson AZ
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »
Peter E and i just returned from this tourney.  Holy SHEEEEEEET...You have not played disc golf like this before.  This is extreme DG at the core.  Not only are you hiking around a 10,000+ ft. mountain but you're playing dg while doing so.   It's like playing two rounds of Blue Valley / day..or i sure felt like it afterwards.  Everyone should make this event at least once in their life.  I've heard some people compare it to Kiss the Sky in Aspen.  All in all a great tourney and unbelieveable scenery.  I think Joe E threw one of his provisionals 1500+ feet down the mountain.  Freaking amazing.

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Re: Lemondrop Open on Mt. Lemon in Tucson AZ
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:52:01 AM »
Gnarly! I have family in Tucson, and I've been on Mt. Lemon before. I had no idea they had DG up there. sweeeet. I'm glad you had a good time. Kiss the Sky is certainly on my DG bucket list, too bad its only open a certain part of the year :D I wanna ride the gondola's to the top!

thanks for sharing, you snap any pics we can peep?
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Lemondrop Open on Mt. Lemon in Tucson AZ
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:22:27 AM »
Greg,
I do have some pics i'll post soon.  It's a  temp course for the tourney but a few folks i talked to said they're trying to make it permanent.  Some short holes but many are 600ft. + with 100+ ft. elevation drops.  Crazyiness.
Tim Becks