Author Topic: Raymore - Intro to Disc Golf  (Read 831 times)

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Raymore - Intro to Disc Golf
« on: June 22, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »
Iím running an Introduction to Disc Golf program (with Vince Comoís help) through Raymore Parks & Recreation department.  This program is not  just for kids.  I am encouraging entire families to sign up and Iíve priced it very affordable.  For $20, each player will get two discs (DX or other base plastic) and 4 sessions July 17, 19, 24, and 26 in Raymore, MO.  More details can be found in the flyer here:  http://introtodiscgolf.shutterfly.com/8

I'm not sure signups are up yet, but eventually you can signup at https://registerc.parksreconline.com/raymore103.html.   

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  Tell your friends or family who may be interested.  Eric
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:01:58 AM by eeastwood »

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Raymore - Intro to Disc Golf
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »
Cool, we have something like that at the YMCA in Raytown. Sweet Youth Disc Golf Programs.
Adam Johnson

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »
I  recently saw that.  Very cool.  I saw another one through www.bluevalleyrec.org in Overland Park, KS.  I am hoping to build momentum for a disc golf course in Raymore/Belton area and I started the process of starting this rec program months ago. 

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »
Is this open for older people? I am 29 and just started playing last week. I am trying to learn everything possible to improve my game.
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
Is this open for older people? I am 29 and just started playing last week. I am trying to learn everything possible to improve my game.

Have Vince teach you the tomahawk! Bwahahaha!!111!!1!

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 10:14:09 AM »

Have Vince teach you the tomahawk! Bwahahaha!!111!!1!

There must an inside joke to this one...though I have seen some people throwing side arm and it looks very tough...I know my sisters fiancee threw what looked like a tomahawk through some tree's and I tried it, but it did not work out as well HAHA
Where'd my disc go?

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 10:30:21 AM »

Yes, you are welcome to join us.  It's not limited to youth.  Like I said earlier, I am hoping parents will bring their kids and be a part of it too. But there will be kids there.  Yes, vince does have a mean tomahawk and we'll show you how to throw it.  BTW, as someone pushing 40, 29 is not older.   ;)       
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:32:02 AM by eeastwood »

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:01 AM »

Yes, you are welcome to join us.  It's not limited to youth.  Like I said earlier, I am hoping parents will bring their kids and be a part of it too. But there will be kids there.  Yes, vince does have a mean tomahawk and we'll show you how to throw it.  BTW, as someone pushing 40, 29 is not older.   ;)       

Haha I feel old, I will be 30 next month...I will have to check out this mean tomahawk!
Where'd my disc go?

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
Due to a scheduling conflict, we had to adjust the dates.  The class will now be Mon/Thursday 6:30pm to 8:00pm on July 16, 19, 23, 26  Online signups should be available to go next week.  I'll post when active. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:43:16 PM by eeastwood »

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »
Online registration is up.  Although it's not quite working properly.  To register, go to:

https://registerc.parksreconline.com/raymore103.html

And then click on any of the activity types (Adult Dance, Adult Sports, Camps, Fitness, Instructional Programs, Special Events, Tiny Sports, or Youth Sports) or browse activities.  It doesn't really matter which one because the one you want isn't listed.  Then use the drop menu on type to select Sports and then hit search.  It should pull it up.  If you can't figure it out, then there's the gold old fashion way and call it in at (816) 322-2791. 

Deadline to signup is this Friday.