General > Beginners

New disc golf player looking for leagues, players and tournaments

(1/2) > >>

rickrose2007:
hey! I'm new to the sport of disc golf. My sisters fiancée showed me how to play last week in Minnesota. I'm loving the sport but playing alone will get boring. Anyone looking for a new player to tag along with and possibly give some tips?? I was told I have a natural throw, but I want to learn more!! I'm also looking for some other venues to play. I live in Kansas City and I work Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm on fort Leavenworth. Let me know if anyone wants to play! Thanks and I look forward to playing some disc golf!!

Kevin Montgomery:

--- Quote from: rickrose2007 on June 25, 2012, 10:34:33 AM --- hey! I'm new to the sport of disc golf. My sisters fiancée showed me how to play last week in Minnesota. I'm loving the sport but playing alone will get boring. Anyone looking for a new player to tag along with and possibly give some tips?? I was told I have a natural throw, but I want to learn more!! I'm also looking for some other venues to play. I live in Kansas City and I work Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm on fort Leavenworth. Let me know if anyone wants to play! Thanks and I look forward to playing some disc golf!!

--- End quote ---

You should join us after work some Tuesday at USM in Leavenworth so you could catch us right after work on your way home. We try to tee off by 5:30. PM me if interested. We actually get a lot of newbies throwing with us from time-to-time so I'm sure we'd be happy to give you some pointers. But only if old guys drinking beer doesn't offend you...   8)

BenC:
There is the new players league on Monday nights at Rosedale.  We usually start at 6:00 or a little after.  If you want more information give me a call.  Ben, 785-393-1555.

rickrose2007:
Ben,

I might give you a call this afternoon, I will be cutting it close because it's a 45 mins drive from Fort Leavenworth, but I could give it a shot!

spinachio:
Shawnee mission park also on tuesdays has a good mix of great throws and average joes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version