Author Topic: New disc golf player looking for leagues, players and tournaments  (Read 1182 times)

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
hey! I'm new to the sport of disc golf. My sisters fiancée showed me how to play last week in Minnesota. I'm loving the sport but playing alone will get boring. Anyone looking for a new player to tag along with and possibly give some tips?? I was told I have a natural throw, but I want to learn more!! I'm also looking for some other venues to play. I live in Kansas City and I work Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm on fort Leavenworth. Let me know if anyone wants to play! Thanks and I look forward to playing some disc golf!!
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: New disc golf player looking for leagues, players and tournaments
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:48:07 AM »
hey! I'm new to the sport of disc golf. My sisters fiancée showed me how to play last week in Minnesota. I'm loving the sport but playing alone will get boring. Anyone looking for a new player to tag along with and possibly give some tips?? I was told I have a natural throw, but I want to learn more!! I'm also looking for some other venues to play. I live in Kansas City and I work Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm on fort Leavenworth. Let me know if anyone wants to play! Thanks and I look forward to playing some disc golf!!

You should join us after work some Tuesday at USM in Leavenworth so you could catch us right after work on your way home. We try to tee off by 5:30. PM me if interested. We actually get a lot of newbies throwing with us from time-to-time so I'm sure we'd be happy to give you some pointers. But only if old guys drinking beer doesn't offend you...   8)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

BenC

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
There is the new players league on Monday nights at Rosedale.  We usually start at 6:00 or a little after.  If you want more information give me a call.  Ben, 785-393-1555.

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
Ben,

I might give you a call this afternoon, I will be cutting it close because it's a 45 mins drive from Fort Leavenworth, but I could give it a shot!
Where'd my disc go?

spnachio

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:18:11 PM »
Shawnee mission park also on tuesdays has a good mix of great throws and average joes

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 12:12:04 PM »
Rick,

I went ahead and moved your Lost Disc post to the Found & Lost forum. You'll surely get more viewing traffic there!

Found & Lost 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:14:21 PM by Utz »
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »
Rick,

I went ahead and moved your Lost Disc post to the Found & Lost forum. You'll surely get more viewing traffic there!

Found & Lost 

Utz,

I have it posted there, it's not a huge deal. I already ordered a new one and it should be in tomorrow. I am new to this sport, so I am trying to figure out the different disc's and everything. Thanks for the heads up!
Where'd my disc go?

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »
Well played sir. Enjoy the wonderful sport! I didnt even look to see if you had posted yet.    8)

G'day.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831