Author Topic: Looking for one-on-one training  (Read 1325 times)

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Looking for one-on-one training
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »
I have been receiving pointers from people throughout the league while I play, which I really appreciate. Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction for some disc golf lessons? I can watch all the DVD's I want, but I need to get hands on training. I need someone who knows what they are talking about and a reasonable price. If you know anyone you can message me or respond here. I really appreciate it and can't wait for when I can actually play and hang with everyone! ;D
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for one-on-one training
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »
I have had some private lessons with several guys out there.

Try CD Steiner or Ken Franks. 
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »
What part of your game are you looking to improve?  I may be able to help you.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »
What part of your game are you looking to improve?  I may be able to help you.

Mainly my drives right now...I was in contact with CD and He has offered lessons. Hopefully we can find the time with work and everything!!
Where'd my disc go?

coops

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »
What courses do you live close to?

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »
What courses do you live close to?

I basically live around them all...I live by Zona Rosa off 152, I mainly play USM, Shawnee Mission, Wy Co (which I keep getting my arse handed to me) and I have played Rosedale. Most of the courses are like 30-40 mins away but I work on Fort Leavenworth until 5pm on weekdays and I have weekends off...
Where'd my disc go?

coops

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 02:28:01 PM »
Cool. I work up near Rosedale and play it after work quite often, though usually at 330 or 4.

Here's a tip I wish I would've had when I started: Throw a Roc, throw it often, and learn to control it. Many modern drivers mask throwing errors which impedes your ability to associate particular actions with specific results. If the disc you're throwing exposes  your mistakes you are more likely to learn from them and to get better faster.

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »
Cool. I work up near Rosedale and play it after work quite often, though usually at 330 or 4.

Here's a tip I wish I would've had when I started: Throw a Roc, throw it often, and learn to control it. Many modern drivers mask throwing errors which impedes your ability to associate particular actions with specific results. If the disc you're throwing exposes  your mistakes you are more likely to learn from them and to get better faster.

I played Rosedale in the NPL. I had a good time. Right now I am throwing the Star Valkyrie, which DGW recommended. I have the Valkyrie, Banshee and Avenger SS for my drivers. I have a Buzz for mid range and two putters I use. I will look into the ROC because I have heard good things about it.
Where'd my disc go?

coops

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 03:42:21 PM »
Buzz is good too. Just try to throw it on your drives to the extent you can (try for 250 and in or if you're adventurous 300 and in) and focus on nose and hyzer angle to snap to create distance and combat wind conditions.