Author Topic: KCFDC Membership  (Read 470 times)

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
KCFDC Membership
« on: July 05, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
I have been playing for about a year now and LOVE this sport.  I am considering getting a membership with the KCFDC.  Can anyone tell me what this all gives a member.  Of course I am sure as with most organizations, you get out of it what you put into it. 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

"Put lots of torque on the Anal-hyzer"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KCFDC Membership
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:27:04 PM »
I LOVE to hear you love this wonderful game as much as we all do! :) Thanks for your interest in joining the club.

I am on of the Board of directors for the greatest disc golf club in the country, the KCFDC. We were voted best Disc Golf club website last year, and If I'm not mistaken, maybe 2 years in a row. Thanks to Rhonda Crosby, our IT Director...!

Joining the club is beneficiary to not only yourself, but the entire golf community. We use funds to clean, maintain and make additions to our courses. If you plan on playing leagues, You save $1 off every entry fee. You get a KCFDC number that you keep for life. You get a voice in the voting process every year. Remember, Strength in numbers and you get to be part of something bigger than yourself...

Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

spnachio

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
I joined last year and it was well worth it.  Membership gets you option to play for bag tags and free entry to club championships in october.  There are leagues every night m-f ( some nights have them on multiple courses ).  I cant even count the number of good friends I have made from all these things that the club has made possible.    Jeff ozorkiewicz(am 3 for life, errr for now)

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »
Oh yeah!  I have played in league at Prairie Center.  A great track.  I enjoy about any course out there.  It makes a huge difference once you can get some distance out of your drives and learn how to use the disc to your advantage.  I just keep them in the trunk and when I have a spare hour or so hit up the nearest course.

I understand this correctly I can sign up online.  Correct?

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 12:19:32 AM »
I answered my own question.  I will fill out the form and mail it in.

Thanks and looking forward to throwing with everyone.

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
Don't do that! Instead, come down to Disc Golf World tonight and hang out since it's First Fridays in the Crossroads District. You can sign up in the store via Rick or Dick and receive your club goodies onsite. Don't forget to buy a bag tag! I believe DGW is doing a speed putting competition tonight too which is always fun to play and watch. So stop in some art galleries, drink a few beers then come get your putt on. Hecklers welcome  :P

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:59:56 AM »
sh1t'chea man. We'll cya down at DGW. Ian, you thinkin about bringing those Wizards? I'm certainly interested in the Big G, possibly more. I have to have something you want...if not Cash works too.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
USPS has that Wizard and I'm heading straight there after work or I would. I'll bring a big ol' box of Wizards to Rosie next week though. Protos, Evos, Test Runs, G9s, Big G's... etc

Bring your tags and we'll let speed putting decide who gets them! Petter is down too. 8)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:09:44 AM by ian »