Author Topic: Finally  (Read 524 times)

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Finally
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:52:17 PM »
Ive been playing for about 10 months now, and finally tonight at P-hill I broke par and shot 2 under.  I know it's an easier course but I'll take it.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

ObiWan

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Finally
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »
Congrats! I'm pretty sure most of my best rounds at any area course are above par. I still feel good shooting plastic just as much. KEEP PLAYING WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER THAN YOU IF YOU CAN! This can show you a number of things about throwing and the game of golf. And keep practicing. I don't have as much time for full rounds as I used to, but I still try and take a few hours a week at least to practice various throws. My distance has gotten better and my putting is slowly improving from practicing off of the course.

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:58:11 AM »
Congratulations, Aaron.  That shows what's so fun about this game.  We all have a long term goal in mind of where we want to be or how good we want to become, and even though that changes as time goes on, the intermediate goals remain the same as we progress and until we meet them.

For example, Aaron, now you're probably going to aim for a -5 because you know that it's there; you just need three less mistakes than the last time.  Or if you're like me and babysteps is fine, then a -3, then a -4.  Either way, good work and congratulations.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:51:11 AM »
Thanks guys.  I try and play NPL at Rosedale as much as I can to get pointers from better players.  It really doesn't matter if I throw 12 over I always have a blast playing( although it's a he'll of a lot better when u finish under). 
Calm down, this is just for fun.

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
Thanks guys.  I try and play NPL at Rosedale as much as I can to get pointers from better players.  It really doesn't matter if I throw 12 over I always have a blast playing( although it's a he'll of a lot better when u finish under). 

Congrats Aaron, I can't wait to throw that good. My best round right now is +13 but I have only been playing a few weeks. I should've had a +7 at Rosedale monday but a couple holes screwed me up, getting stuck in the woods and some bad putts. Keep at it though! If you ever want to play I work during the week but I am free after 530pm everyday of the week and weekends I am off. Just send me a message or something, I am usually on the forum!
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
Next thing you know you'll be telling us the best money round you ever had.  My best money round happened while playing Homie skins with 11 guys at Rosedale DU. All the skins were riding till the 8th hole where I hit my first ever ace. I got the $88 plus $5 per person for the ace came to $50. Then I hit 4 more skins equaling $44. I still ended up Homie because I had worst score. $182 for 20 holes of golf ain't bad. Ahhh the good ole days!!
Steven Disc Glover