Author Topic: Morningside Park - Knoxville, TN  (Read 424 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Morningside Park - Knoxville, TN
« on: July 13, 2012, 07:29:23 PM »
Big thanks go to Eric Eastwood for recommending that I play this course. Gosh where do I start?

Recently designed in 2012 this course evidently received quite the makeover.  Will Schusterick set the course record at 44 according the local disc golf shop, Pluto sports. I truly enjoyed this course with lots of elevation shots, a couple Rosie down under shots, and tons of baskets on hillsides and mounds that make a deuce putt turn into a bogey real quick. Rollaways are commonplace, let me just say that much. Not a super long course, but a few holes that do require a distance driver. But I would say if you can control a roc and a teebird you'll be set. With a 4.0 rating on dg course review, I would agree. This is a must play course in Knoxville that I'm sure guys who are more traveled disc golfers such as Tank would agree with me on...

Anyone else played this course since the redesign?
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Morningside Park - Knoxville, TN
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
I'm glad you liked it.  So what did you shoot since you can compare to what Will shot?   

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 07:12:46 AM »
Well I'd rather not discuss that...wasn't anything worth sharing haha
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 10:28:14 AM »
lmao
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »
Played a small 9 hole course in Gatlinburg that was fairly well maintained, but incredibly short. Worth the stop, but not if you are pressed for time.

"The Sinks" in Chattanooga was a great course that I also played while on vacation. All wooded, this course had a variety of shots. Uphill, downhill, doglegs, a raised basket, and last but not least tons of sinkholes. This made the greens difficult as even if you were close to the basket, you could be standing in a 5 foot hole putting straight up. As you can imagine, after a solid rain you might be wet and thus, OB. There were two tee pads on each hole and numerous holes had multiple pins. So much so, that they even had holes were they left all the basket placements set up. Pick a basket and play it!!

Ran into a little wait as there was a league going on, and I will say by watching them all play, that KC MO players could take those Chattanooga chaps to town!!

Just thought I'd give a little readers digest on the courses I played. Unfortunately didn't get to play any in Nashville...parents had other plans.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »
The Sinks is pretty cool but I didn't think it was as great as some of the reviews I'd read. Too bad you didn't get to check out 7 Oaks in Nashville. I really like that course. Also, there's a nice course on the way (depending on how you go) in Paducah, KY.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:35:55 AM by Kevin Montgomery »
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
I agree, it wasn't great but still a pretty cool course.

Being a family vacation I didn't get to play everything I wanted, but oh well. I'll be back at some point!!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339