Author Topic: 2012 - Tree Love Classic - 09-15-12  (Read 7026 times)

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 - Tree Love Classic - 09-15-12
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »
jack WISHES his division was gender protected so he doesn't get beat by a girl  :-[
Drew D Neitzel

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »
jack WISHES his division was gender protected so he doesn't get beat by a girl  :-[
I don't wanna get to personal on here, but how do you know that I don't?
 ??? :o ;D :D ;) :)

Or that I already haven't?  8) :P ::)

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

ajinks

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:53 AM »
Anyone have an empty bed or couch to house two Joplinites this Friday night?  I've got a hiking air mattress so I could even survive on the floor. 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »
I've got a lot of family coming down, and already opened up to a few others, or I would do so.  Sorry about that.  Can you bring with you though registration forms for the 4-states with you as well?

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2012, 10:25:13 AM »
Injury update--Jack Lowe MM1 division player-
Reports are coming in that Jack Lowe is walking with less noticeable limp today.  The moves that he has shown over the last week in terms of walking seem to be improving on a daily basis.  We finally tracked him down with some tough questions, here are his responses:

Q-Jack, how does the calf feel, it appears as though that you aren't favoring it as much as you were earlier in the week.

A-Yeah, it feels better.  You know, I think that the Loomis dude put some sort of 48 state hex on me, and I am beginning to think that the spell was only to work during the weekend, but he put such a strong mojo on it, that it carried over into the next week.  I mean, you saw my game out there last Saturday morning, Perry and I were killing it, we were hitting shots, I was on, and no Loomis to be found.  Then the afternoon round, when I started to put together some shots, he went behind the bushes in Rosedale, and we all know what happens when you go there, and then I put a shot about 3' from #10, and the next time I went to drive, WHAM.  I wish the camera's from "the ocho" were on us, because I bet replay would show that he threw something at my calf.

Q-Are you going to be ready to play this Saturday, and will you play better than last year, where you really didn't have a great day, but still was able to win the field?

A-You know, it is tough to defend a title, and I had quite a few distractions, especially the rain, the long lunch at Hickock's, the constant badgering from G$ and the name calling.  I mean, I get it, he is scared of my game, and feels threatened every time he sees that I have signed up, but at some point you need to realize that superior gamesmanship is going to happen.  I am not sure why this too tall dude thinks that he can drive up and compete, I mean look at it, he shot a sub 800, heck, a sub 775 round last year at the event, and he wants to talk trash?  I am prepared to win if I do in fact play.  I'd say right now the desire to defend is strong, but the calf that Loomis locked up is not cooperating.

Q-You seem to be game day decision, when do you think you will decide on when you will play?

A-Well, I really think that it may come up to the last minute.  Each day I seem to be getting better and better, walking up the stairs is still quite a chore, and the terrain on the front 11 holes is going to stress that out.  THe following week with Topeka, then possibly Joplin make the decision tough.  Do I want to rest a week so that I am able to go strong, or is playing for one day going to be able to help move those muscles?  The fact the event is a 1-day ordeal really helps, in that I know that I can probably muster through it, but will it hurt the rest of the month's planned events?  The other thing that is HUGE to know is that Tom Palmer and Tom Mollenkamp, and Dirk Hacker are at this point being little children and haven't indicated that they will be attempting to play.  I like how they get scared that easily, and it makes the desire to play strong.  At this point, I am probably 55/45, which isn't good.  Rest assured though, if I am not playing, I will be there to heckle.

Q-How many trees are you hoping to love, and will you love them classically?

A-That's it, I am out of here, your questions are ridiculous.

Well, with that he stormed out, and gave no indication as to when he may be made available for comments.  We shall keep this and the other injuries updated (Chris Timko-hangnail (we were told that he also has a broken nostril hair, that is impeding his breathing), Tracy Walker-Pride in his game) as they become available.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »
Jack, you do make some good points.  Let's see.....should I play this 1 day tournament for the love of trees or attempt to defend my title in Topeka the following week.....so many choices.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »
Anyone have an empty bed or couch to house two Joplinites this Friday night?  I've got a hiking air mattress so I could even survive on the floor.

division and shirt size?
Drew D Neitzel

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »
computer shutting down.  kc here i come.  you can still sign-up for this event online through tonight.  or at ddkc today or tomorrow.  or by emailing me at treeloveclassic@gmail.com.  just a reminder, ams who havent already pre-registered will have to pick up their am players pack at ddkc starting next week (unless you live out of the metro).  those will be available towards the end of next week.  shirts sound sweet thanks to matt hays at foretwenty.  at this time, we have plenty of spots open in all divisions.
Drew D Neitzel

ajinks

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »
Tracy, where at on the west side of town?  I imagine we won't be getting into town until 9:00 or later and it sounds like heading your direction might add 30+ min to our drive so unfortunately WyCo league is out for us. 

ajinks

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »
Well I think we'll take you up on your generous offer and hopefully convince you to play in the tourney too!  I'll PM you my cell phone # and so I can get your phone # too.  Thanks!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
----Breaking news-----This bulletin was just sent into the office-----

In a incredible twist of information, the player known as Jack Lowe has been reclassified as an amateur player.  Last year after turning pro in Olathe by accepting cash, he won his next event as an amateur, this year after playing abysmally in Olathe he requested and received notification that he is in fact now back to "amateur status" within the governing body and will be eligible for all the shenanigans that come along with the title of sandbagging as a player.  Though based on many of his rounds this year, the term sandbagging for him has about as much need as the sand bags themselves were needed in most of the United States.  In other words, they weren't, kinda like his game, it wasn't....

No comment from the camp on the determination of the event still, but there will continue to be those that monitor it accordingly.

Here is the release that came from the camp.

Jack,

Sorry for the delay, I was on the road for three weeks then went immediately into a ratings update prep period and now the PDGA Board Fall Summit.

Looking at the criteria:

You have not previously reclassified from Pro to Am
You are Masters age and under a 935 rating
You last accepted $ on 9/3/2011 over a year ago

You are approved for reclassification to Amateur status as 0f 9/13/2012.

Announce away!

Thanks,

Andrew
Andrew "Big Dog" Sweeton
PDGA Tour Manager
Professional Disc Golf Association

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »
Jack,

Sorry for the delay, I had Chipotle 3 days in a row after being on the road for several weeks, I took a sh!t that lasted well over 24 hours..

Looking at the criteria:

Your Gender Reassignment Surgery was a success
You throw like a girl

You are approved for reclassification to Women status as 0f 9/13/2012.

Announce away!

Thanks,

David
David "Big Dukey" Wheaton
PDGA Gender Manager
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »
Great, Now I get to swing at all angles!  You know, maybe now I can cash in more divisions than that Animal dude from the Muppets! ;D  He always seems to throw temper tantrums, but not discs very well!  :o
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »
Jack, I dunno about Mollencamp or Palmer, but I'm pretty confident you will get beat down by someone named Tom. Of course with the severe thrashing you received at Old Settlers still fresh in your mind, I imagine your calf will have a sudden and severe relapse soon.  ;D

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »
Jack,

Sorry for the delay, I had Chipotle 3 days in a row after being on the road for several weeks, I took a sh!t that lasted well over 24 hours..

Looking at the criteria:

Your Gender Reassignment Surgery was a success
You throw like a girl

You are approved for reclassification to Women status as 0f 9/13/2012.

Announce away!

Thanks,

David
David "Big Dukey" Wheaton
PDGA Gender Manager

Love it!