Author Topic: Review  (Read 536 times)

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
Review
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:10 PM »
Great time.  Played all three courses.  The Beav needs a little work and is confusing until you get the pattern down.  Once everything is in on that it will be a fantastic course.  Woodhenge is a great layout and and has some length.  Blackthorn is a nice little carving through the woods and then some open launches.

The Nailer rates it as follows:

Woodhenge - 9 Nails
Blackthorn - 9.5 Nails
Beav - 5 Nails

The Nailer likes how there are three courses all together at the park.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Review
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:08 AM »
I'm glad you liked it! Unless of course your rating is on a scale of 1-20 then . ewww. sorry you didn't like it :). The Beaver needs some TLC for sure. The most mistakes were made there for sure but with time hopefully it will shape up nicely.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Bitter79

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 10:40:07 PM »
I was with "The Nailer". We played Beaver first (drove around the gate at 6 am, but we did pay at the drop box), Then Woodhenge, then Blackthorn. I think that Beaver would have been rated higher if it wasn't sitting next to the other two. It does need some work but I am no pro, so I figure that if I learned a trick or two for the clearing to wooded shots I would have enjoyed it more. Woodhenge is the best course I have played. I haven't ventured outside of the KC/Lawrence area but definitly top notch. Blackthorn was more of my speed, not overly long but still quality shot making (errr attempting) ability. It too is a very good course. If you go play two, and I think someone said this before, play Wood first, then Blackthorn. Im a fairly athletic dude and I was definitly tired after playing these three. Started at 6 am (gates don't open till 8?) finished at 10:45ish. Two guys, no bsing around, and stoping at the car for a gatorade break after each 18. It makes me wish I lived about 30 minutes closer, but well worth the trip. Dick if you had anything to do with the design it was a top notch job. Good use of the woods and the lake without being unfair. Good driving spots, well maintained, and clean baskets and pads. I did see the signs marking #1 for both Blackthorn and Wood henge, my only negative would be the circle pads and unclear #1 tee marking for Beaver. Still an awesome job!

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »
Thank you. and I agree with you on your negatives, but like I said hopefully with time we should be able to fix those issues. Glad you had a good time. And good on you to get through all three courses in one day. I'm sure you slept well, or are still asleep :).
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »
No man.  No negatives.  Props to you my friend for such an amazing course.  I just wish it was not clear up near Iowa.  But then again, that may be a good thing because if it were close to me, I could lose my job.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA