Author Topic: Disc Golf 101/outreach flyer and discs for kids  (Read 1726 times)

LizBorgBowman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Disc Golf 101/outreach flyer and discs for kids
« on: September 01, 2015, 11:49:46 am »
Hi all,
For work, my team is putting on the 3rd annual Team Smile volunteer event at Arrowhead Stadium on October 20, where around 300 kids get free dental check-ups and treatment from philanthropic dentists. While they're not in the chair, the kids will be entertained by Kansas City Chiefs players & cheerleaders, and various volunteer booths with fun activities. We're hoping to set up a basket for a disc golf booth! I am looking for the following:

Printer-friendly flyers that may already exist for outreach such as this:
   • Disc Golf 101 Rules and Basic Instructions
   • List of KC area disc golf courses & addresses (I can put this together based on which schools/areas the kids are coming from, just don't want to reinvent the wheel.)

Donations of putters/mid-range discs:
   • At least 25 gently used putters for participants to throw. (prefer not to use anyone's personal discs, in case they are lost)
   • 10-20 additional putters or mid-ranges to give away as prizes to top one or two finishers in hourly putting contests

I realize there have been a number of similar requests already, so the disc donation supply may be all tapped out, but I have to start somewhere! Plan B is to take my two mini-baskets, in which case I would just need a whole bunch of minis for the kids to throw - maybe some left over from various events?

It would also be great to know if there are any kid-oriented disc golf groups to which we could refer kids and parents who want to get involved and play more. And yes, if you're a Chiefs fan and would reaaaaalllly love to come help at this event, I could use a few volunteers.

Thanks everyone!
Liz Borg-Bowman
KC Disc Golf Diva

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Disc Golf 101/outreach flyer and discs for kids
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 12:07:34 pm »
Hi Liz,

Sounds like a wonderful event. I will be glad to give you 5 putters to use and 5 mid-ranges that you can give as prizes. Thanks for doing this.

Joe

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 04:16:33 pm »
The PDGA used to have a "What is disc golf" colored flyer.  I would contact them and see what you can get.  They are great about sending out materials when it comes to youth activities. 

I thought DD has some loaner discs as well.

Kansas City Juniors Open will be Oct 10th at Fox Hill.  We are in the process now of working out some details.  I hope to have a flyer up in the next week or so.  This is our 3rd year for the event and we hope to continue to grow it. 

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 05:30:18 pm »
What time is the event?
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
KCFDC Board of Directors Secretary
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play golf. Move around. It's cool.

Jeff O

• Novice Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 08:43:14 pm »
Kids love throwin minis at mini baskets. Just ask Dick Parker.
PDGA 51376

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more plastic

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 10:28:43 pm »
Kids love throwin minis at mini baskets. Just ask Dick Parker.

Heck yeah!!! Dick Parker is the King and Tank is the Knight of mini disc golf.

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 10:18:22 am »
Hi Liz, I have some putters and mid-ranges for you. What's the best way to get them to you.

MK

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 12:25:28 pm »
Hi Liz, I have some putters and mid-ranges for you. What's the best way to get them to you.

Hey Joe, Liz Borg-Bowman asked me to respond.  If you're going to be at Swope on Sunday, she will be by here as well in the afternoon.  I know you guys sometimes play Swope on Sunday.  She will also be at Liberty Sunday morning with the divas.  If neither of those work, she is playing both tournaments on the 16th and 17th.  If those don't work, I am playing the tournament on the 10th if you're playing there out at lake perry and I can get them to her...  not sure if she is playing. Again the 11th she should be at Swope.  If none of those work, and you're going to be at DD between now and the 19th, I imagine Josh wouldn't mind you leaving them there.  Thanks for the support!
Mike Krueger
KCDFC #1692
PDGA #67309
SMP League Director