Author Topic: Bueler?  (Read 730 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Bueler?
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
Does this course/league on Sunday still exist??!!

Haha thinking about playing if it's still at noon-thirty this weekend...
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bueler?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »
I was out there July 8th and it was EMPTY. Got there at 12:10 and played a round and a half and never saw a soul.
Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:24:52 PM »
Pretty sad. Used to be a hoppin league...then all kinds of layouts and "games" started being played and I guess people stopped showin (myself included)
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »
I play there abt 3 times a week, before it got so hot I saw the league going on every Sunday.  I either play morning or evening so I'm not sure if they are still playing or not.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »
I think quite a few leagues have suffered from the heat and limited participation this summer.  But I think there are quite a few reasons for the limited participation at PHill. A few of the regulars have moved out of the area, Dan C moved to Blues Spring and the group that often plays with him are now playing BS and Legacy leagues regularly and not PHill.  For a while, Smithville had league basically at the same time which pulled several players away earlier in the spring.  Might be due to people not liking doubles format.  Like Bowen says, doubles are for winter, singles are for summers. 

Finally, Narin isn't all that active on this board and I think for some people knowing what's going on and how people scored gets people to league.  I don't think it was the safari holes or alt tee pads as the reason people are not attending the league.  Those rounds were some of the most fun I've had at leagues.  Now they take quite a while, which might be another reason now that I think about it.  I know for me I haven't been at every league there because I'm super busy right now.  I hope the PHill picks up again this fall and it's well attended.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:21:44 PM by eeastwood »

clousenarin

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »
Yes league still happens at 1230. First I'm not sure why league lowered in numbers if it is due to me having alt tee pads and safari three times,  that is silly. It blows my mind that people would complain of new alt pads and different fun holes to play in safari. And to be honest it's really up to the regular people who show up on how we play. There are other courses that have alt tee pads and nobody complains of those. And for doubles, that's what majority of the people like.

Tomorrow we will have 5$ league. Format will be a type of ace race but will take a vote before.
The bottom line is. Shut up and play disc golf!!! No matter how it's set up, that is the real reason you come out there correct??? 

Narin

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »
Some leagues have great turnouts week after week after week. Must be a reason that happens. All I'm sayin is I think it's a consistency factor.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:01:18 PM by jhinck2 »
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

paganscum

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 04:33:30 AM »
I'll be out early, 9ish?  to play an early round of singles, doubles, skins, wolf, whatever. there is always some activity in the mornings when it is cooler. 
If you need a hand setting up the ace race Narin, just text me, I'm up all nite.  Sounds like it is going to be a blast.  Thanks for throwing the idea out there and running with it.

I think that is the purpose of a pick up league, don't wait around for someone else to do the work, Step-up!  If your don't like the turnout, format, time schedual, etc, ad nauseam...  change it your self. 
The course will always be there waiting.  Grab some Buds (Maybe even post an invite on the board) and go have fun. 
that is why I play.

Matt Fox
If it harm none,
do what you will.

ObiWan

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:09:38 AM »
I had a great time out at the "ace race" type league this week. I am actually thinking about trying to make it out to pHill more often, even though it is probably the farthest club course from my house.

As for the number of people who show up to different leagues regularly, don't you think that location and the amount of people already going have something to do with this? I've been hearing that the ace pools are getting pretty high at some of the weekday leagues. These are all perfectly good reasons for Rosie, Swope, and Works to have high league volume. The only reason I made the pHill league was because I camped out there the night before, and I am very thankful that I made it. The people I met were, over all, much more enjoyable to be around than the random groupings you get in the bigger leagues.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:40 AM »
Well I did make it out for a mid-afternoon round at p hill this weekend with a friend of mine who is fairly new to the game (reasoning as to why I wasn't playing league). Happy to see that the course is still in great shape. Some new foliage that was planted seems to have failed in the summer heat.

I was expecting major changes, and only saw one. The basket on 16 I do like. With most holes out there being very reachable (shot 11 without much trouble and a couple missed deuces in the circle), I'm glad that this one is a distant deuce opportunity given the incredibly tough angle off the tee and then a basket buried in the woods.

I'm just not a huge fan of the change in structure of the league. Yeah I know it's still disc golf, but if I want to play league, I want to play the course, Not a variation of it. Variations are for rounds after league or casual in my opinion. No need to take this post seriously and take offense, just my .02.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339