KCFDC Courses > Water Works

Trash Talkin'

<< < (2/8) > >>

five2loves42:

--- Quote from: Ken Franks on August 07, 2012, 08:15:56 AM ---I was thinking about making a craiglist add for can collectors in town, to come out to our courses and collect all the cans they want. Might alleviate alot of trash and can collectors would make some good dough off disc golf courses!!! A bit scared they will leave all the other trash on the ground, so a little gun shy on this...

Whats everyone think?

--- End quote ---

Tank, I had almost the same thoughts.  Would like to see that stuff get recycled, but still afraid of the trash being left out.  Maybe recycling only containers, but most of the time people put trash in those as well.

jhinck2:
Thanks for the cleanup guys. The KC disc golf community appreciates what you did!!

ian:

--- Quote from: Ken Franks on August 07, 2012, 08:15:56 AM ---I was thinking about making a craiglist add for can collectors in town, to come out to our courses and collect all the cans they want. Might alleviate alot of trash and can collectors would make some good dough off disc golf courses!!! A bit scared they will leave all the other trash on the ground, so a little gun shy on this...

Whats everyone think?

--- End quote ---

We honestly didn't find too many cans last night. It's about 75% plastic bottles and the rest is glass bottles, cans and trash. I would say a recycling bin or two would be a bigger help.

jamidanger:
honestly, i've seen courses go to hell cuz of litter, and most of them have garbage cans. i think the garbage cans encourage people to dump their trash whether it's full or empty. i suggest keeping any garbage cans nearer the road or removing them completely. sternly worded signage for park users to remove their own garbage would certainly be worth a try, but does any course really need a can on every other hole? sure you may say they are convenient, but i believe they are unnecessary, and are inanimate enablers for the environmentally bovine.

matty:
it can be a bear getting those bags up and down the hills. appreciate ya. i missed a few cans a couple weeks ago;and someone else just sent me pics of the trash instead of removing it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version