Author Topic: Paradise Diamond @ Smithville Lake - 09-28 & 09-29 2012  (Read 2678 times)

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Paradise Diamond @ Smithville Lake - 09-28 & 09-29 2012
« on: August 09, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
Smithville and Kearney will be the host to these 2 C Tier events.  We are hosting 2 1 day C Tier events using four different courses.  Play one day or play them both.  If you play both, you can even pay an extra $10 and have both days combined for a third bonus payout.

Saturday we will play Jesse James and Woodhenge
Sunday we will play Black Thorn and Beaver.

Saturday night we will be playing some glow disc at the 9 hole course at the camp grounds.

All players who paid pre-registered prior to September 19th will get a tournament shirt.

The flyers links are below as well as the facebook page.

To register, go to the below links or you can register at the Dynamic Discs Kansas City store.

http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/disc-golf-tournaments/2012/Paradise-Diamond-Saturday-Edition.html

http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/disc-golf-tournaments/2012/Paradise-Diamond-Sunday-Edition.html

http://www.facebook.com/events/473618889318065/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:58:45 AM by Utz »
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Paradise Diamond @ Smithville Lake - 09-28 & 09-29 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »
The Paradise Diamond @ Smithville event is just over a month away and a few registrations are coming in. 

There are a lot of cool things happening during this event.  2 Seperate Events, 4 Courses, Camping, Glow Disc Golf, Awesome players package to all Amateurs and $1,000 added cash to the open divisions for each day.

We will have some custom discs next week with the Paradise Diamond stamp and remember if you register before September 19th, you will get a custom event T-Shirt.

Did I mention $1,000 added to the open division each day

Stayed tuned for more to be added :)
Scott Reek

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »
A few more sponsors are on board including Millennium Discs.  They are going to be providing a few of their latest and greatest discs for the players to test and review. 

Dont forget any player that registers prior to September 19th will receive a FREE T-Shirt as well.

Check out Facebook for the pictures and more information:
http://www.facebook.com/events/473618889318065/
Scott Reek

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »
is this $1000 just for open, or is it a balance between all "pro" division's and if so how will it be disbursed?

Just trying to clarify.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:37:20 PM »
He still thinks Open means all Pro divisions. We had this discussion on the facebook event page. It means all Pro Divisions.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 12:40:47 PM »
Open is all Pro Divisions.  It will be divided based on the number of players per division.  If there are 10 Open Men and 10 Open Masters than each division would get $500
Scott Reek

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
Again, Open is Open and Pro is Pro. You say potato and I say tomato. They are two different things.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 12:57:06 PM »
Open is OPEN to any person, any division, hence the title OPEN division, and it is only in the Open Women, and Open Men categories, every other division is defined by either Pro or Amateur, with the exception of lower divisions, which outside of Jr's, are only Intermediate or Recreational that have no age requirements.

I dare you to find one in the PDGA listing, so thus my confusion as to if this is only for Open Men and Women or if it is meant to be all "Professional Playing" divisions...
 :P

Yes it is semantics, but it needs to be correct in the terminology for everyone to understand, because I sir, don't think that a Tomato is a Potato!

Besides that G$ thinks that the Tomato is god's mistake and shouldn't be on the planet anyway!
 ???
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »
To make it clear, the added cash will be added to the:

Open Men
Open Women
Open Masters
Open GrandMasters
Open Senior GrandMasters

I wouldn't want a potato and tomato to get involved in this :)
Scott Reek

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 01:25:38 PM »
 ::)

Ok, now you're just creating division's!
 ???

But that at least clarifies the intent, even though I (in my best Demi Moore voice) strenuously disagree with the wording.

"I strenuously object?" Is that how it works? Hm? "Objection." "Overruled." "Oh, no, no, no. No, I STRENUOUSLY object." "Oh. Well, if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider."

I run call my unit divisions I run my unit how the PDGA calls the divisions. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash a badge create divisions, and make me nervous. (I make myself nervous with my own play....)

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »
Precision in language is not a bad thing. While I'm incredibly delighted that there are "open" women in an "open" women's division because I count myself among those who like the concept of "open" women or even better, a group of them, this doesn't make it correct for disc golf tournaments. While women's open division is better, as it tells us it is "open" to all women, the "open" is rather redundant. This makes "Pro" Women a better choice because it tells us the Women will be playing for money. There is just no such thing as an Open Men's Division or a Men's Open Division, because the open division is just that: open to all players...regardless of age or gender. A masters divisions, by definition, is not "open" at all, you can't play in it if you're younger than forty. Open masters, therefore, is an oxymoron, of which military intelligence is one of my favorites.

quote author=jack link=topic=8101.msg64814#msg64814 date=1346954226]
Open is OPEN to any person, any division, hence the title OPEN division, and it is only in the Open Women, and Open Men categories, every other division is defined by either Pro or Amateur, with the exception of lower divisions, which outside of Jr's, are only Intermediate or Recreational that have no age requirements.

I dare you to find one in the PDGA listing, so thus my confusion as to if this is only for Open Men and Women or if it is meant to be all "Professional Playing" divisions...
 :P

Yes it is semantics, but it needs to be correct in the terminology for everyone to understand, because I sir, don't think that a Tomato is a Potato!

Besides that G$ thinks that the Tomato is god's mistake and shouldn't be on the planet anyway!
 ???
[/quote]
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »
Though I agree wholeheartedly Rick with your comment, I had penned a response along those lines, and did some research as I was typing it, and thought about the FPO (Female Playing Open) is what I was thinking of, then it dawned on me, that instead it could be Female Professional Open and hence the PDGA doesn't really define the division codes while I was looking.  This is where I got confused, and decided that I would rather think of Jack sitting there telling me that I couldn't handle the truth, and started searching for those quotes as they were easier to locate than the logic of the PDGA that you are helping to run!
 ;D  :P
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »
I would like to introduce the newest addition to the fun and festivities .... KAN JAM

http://www.kanjam.com/

It is an awesome game if you have never played it and it will be in force at Paradise Diamond
Scott Reek

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »
The Paradise Diamond is two weeks away.  don't forget all players who pre-register by September 19th will get a custom event T-Shirt.  So i do not have a lot of extra shirts, i am going to order just the amount that is registered.  Even if you do not pay me yet, please pre-register with me so i can get an accurate count.
Scott Reek

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:10 AM »
i plan on playing both days, hopefully in an enormous grandmaster field! i'll try to get down to the dd store soon
espouse elucidation