Author Topic: Four States Open, Joplin, MO - $4,000 Added Cash - Sept 29 & 30 - PDGA B-Tier  (Read 2008 times)

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Four States Open, Joplin, MO - $4,000 Added Cash - Sept 29 & 30 - PDGA B-Tier
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 02:54:09 PM »
I will probably go down on Friday.  I have a bunch of crazy southern Missouri family members that I'm staying with.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Four States Open, Joplin, MO - $4,000 Added Cash - Sept 29 & 30 - PDGA B-Tier
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »
well then NM on that one.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
I don't think the tiny town of Carterville, MO could handle Jack Lowe!

ajinks

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 03:06:15 PM »
I don't think the tiny town of Carterville, MO could handle Jack Lowe!

I believe all of us in SWMO will agree with that statement. 

Come on down if you've never been.  This will be the Four States to be at for sure.  There's always a good turnout for the Masters divisions.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 10:17:20 PM »
I confirmed only verbally with the TD that I would make it this year, but have yet to make travel plans. I work in Lee's Summit and would not be able to get away until 5pm (unless I lose a day's pay).

With $4k added to the "money" divisions, I'm almost just about certain I'll make the trip regardless  ???

Looking for someone (even Jack) to room with both nights.
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

ajinks

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »
The 2012 Four States Open presented by Mother's Brewery is up to 82 paid pre-registered players so far over 12 divisions.  Pre-register at http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1333628261.

We'll have the temp 9 set up to play next Tuesday night for our singles mini which starts at 5:30.  We'll also have the temp 9 set up for practice on Friday during the Friday Doubles event with $500 added cash.  Flex start time from Noon-6:00 PM. 

Again, don't forget about the $10 hotel voucher if you stay in a Joplin hotel.  Just bring us your receipt. 

Visit www.joplindgc.com/4SO for all the details!

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Would just like to post a thank you to JDGC for hosting this years' Four States Open and going all out! This tourney filled with 180 players and was by far the best B tier I've ever played in. The players party was great, the courses were in good shape, and our very own CD STEINER and BILLY NELSON made it to the master's final nine with CD bringing home the title!!

What a great weekend, cheers!! And for those who didn't make it this year, definitely give it some thought next year!!
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Would just like to post a thank you to JDGC for hosting this years' Four States Open and going all out! This tourney filled with 180 players and was by far the best B tier I've ever played in. The players party was great, the courses were in good shape, and our very own CD STEINER and BILLY NELSON made it to the master's final nine with CD bringing home the title!!

What a great weekend, cheers!! And for those who didn't make it this year, definitely give it some thought next year!!

Well Done, CD!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
looks like kcfdc really represented! great job you guys!
espouse elucidation

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
I have to say the 4SO was a great tourney. The park is very nice. It reminded me of a blend of Wyco and Swope. They had dogs and burgers hot and cheap for lunch on Saturday at the park. The players party was cool, with a quality live band and lotsa hot food. It was fun to have multiple KC folks there to hang with and play rounds with too. Congrats to CD and G$ for winning their divisions.

I highly recommend this one.  8)

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
:) Good Times  :)

I had some trepidation going in to a "deuce-or-die" layout, as I merely wanted to improve my putting from last weekend at the Mighty Shunga Open - ending 8 strokes behind.

Going in to the Final Nine, I found myself being the one with an 8-stroke lead ;)  However, I didn't get comfortable until about the fourth hole and gave up two more strokes to Bryan Guthrie who played stronger for the gallery in the afternoon. We traded bag tags 8 and 28 at the end of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. Bryan now has #8.

Great production guys!! I nominate the 4SO to "move up" to an A-Tier next year  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
sounds like a sweet event, bummed I missed it!!!!

As far as an A teir, sounds like they have all the fund raising and passion to make it happen. Only downside I see is Duece or Die courses dont work so well for SuperTours...!

What an amazing Payout, Nice work Joplin Disc Golf!!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

ajinks

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the encouraging words KC guys. 

When thinking about moving up to an A-Tier tournament, we have always struggled to answer the questions "Why?" and "What are the benefits?"  Can you guys share your thoughts on this?  In my very limited conversations with only a few people from small clubs who have ran A-Tiers, most say it's not worth the hassle, the extra costs, the change in player expectations, etc. 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the encouraging words KC guys. 

When thinking about moving up to an A-Tier tournament, we have always struggled to answer the questions "Why?" and "What are the benefits?"  Can you guys share your thoughts on this?  In my very limited conversations with only a few people from small clubs who have ran A-Tiers, most say it's not worth the hassle, the extra costs, the change in player expectations, etc.

Agree.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Four States Open, Joplin, MO - $3,500 Pro Added Cash - Sept 27-29 - PDGA A-Tier
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 01:50:02 PM »
I'm bumping this to the top of the thread since this tournament is coming up again!  I always post about this one because it is truly a fun event.  For the first time ever, this tournament is now being run as an A-tier.  The pros will play Friday/Saturday and all Am divisions will play Saturday/Sunday.  The pros were moved up so those traveling to USDGC have plenty of time to commute. 

They will be incorporating the course at Morse Park in Neosho, MO this year as well.  What you're getting is 18 holes in Neosho, plus 27 regular holes in Joplin, PLUS another temp 9 in Joplin.  That's quite the variety!  For those wanting some more, there is also doubles and field events for Ams on Friday in Joplin!  Players party Saturday night in downtown Joplin!  Please see the below link and give this tournament some serious thought! 

http://joplindgc.com/4SO/

Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339