Author Topic: 8/13/12 League-LDO event style  (Read 985 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
8/13/12 League-LDO event style
« on: August 13, 2012, 08:57:37 AM »
We will be playing the LDO course tonight, in the 20 hole configuration (means playing 8-9 which ARE NOT in play during the LDO, but not making you walk.  We will be using the Hangar on #8, with the Stage and Rock's as OB......so that tightens up the hole drastically.

I am uncertain if I am going to be playing, or working on the course tonight.  I should have map's though for the course for you to use, and will try to make up some 20 hole scorecards.  Par 60, everything is short.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Nicky p

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 8/13/12 League-LDO event style
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
Are we going to get started early or at 6?
I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:44:51 PM »
At 6....  I tired to call you as well, we got the issue on the side taken care of, and what was Eric's last name?  It was you, Vince Como, Matt Crowe and Eric..... I wanted to include for the help you guys did at cleaning up this past weekend!  So no need to bring out your saw for the stage area.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »
what was Eric's last name?

Eastwood

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:09:51 PM »
 ;D

Thank you sir!  I do appreciate all the work, and I know that you will enjoy walking by there even more now!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:14:55 PM »
No problem.  I wished I could have stayed and worked longer.  Too many commitments, if you know what I mean.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »
Ryan lost his teeth at league last night, and has the scores.  I do apologize for not moving the pin on #13 to the LDO configuration, I was about to go when I got the call that the rest of the Concrete was on it's way, so that put me in a different mode.

It is nice to say that the stage is all set.  Dick and Keizer will be pulling forms off the stage tomorrow, and though it isn't completed yet it is serviceable for the LDO, and a vast improvement of years gone by.

In our discussions last night, we feel that we have had music out there at least since 2007, as it started with plywood on the ground, to more plywood, to pallets, to pallets with drum risers, to now a concrete slab for the band, and an elevated concrete drum riser, it is fun to watch, and should be a joy for all to participate in.

We look forward to hosting you this weekend.  Ryan I am sure looks forward to more pain medication, and will report scores here when he can see straight!

Big shout out to Arturo, Caesar, James "HAPPY" Calicott for the concrete, Josh Harvey and Mike Keizer, Mike Penney, Jeff Campbell, Rebecca Leach, Demian Vela, Eric Eastwood, Vince Como, Matt Crowe, Nick Parks, Johnny Kirby (yeah even you get some credit) Dick Parker for keeping the orchestra moving.  Countless others that have helped with the continual creation of Disc Golf in Kessler Park at the Cliff Drive Disc Golf Course!

:-)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 07:53:53 AM »
Scores will be posted today, stay tuned.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
As promised.

Matt Crowe 52
Timko 52
Nick parks 54
Derrick 55
TJ Ring 55
Palmer 55
Ted K 55
Rick rothstein 60
Ryan DNF or 64 can't remember
Jack Lowe DNP
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 12:06:03 PM »
As promised.

Matt Crowe 52
Timko 52
Nick parks 54
Derrick 55
TJ Ring 55
Palmer 55
Ted K 55
Rick rothstein 60
Jack Lowe DNP-Worked instead at helping ensure that the stage area was completed for the course to remain solid and a new feature of OB was done for all the people that love to play the hanging basket  >:( (I am not one of the people that LOVE it), so as the Did Not Play moniker is listed, I actually did play, but not in the KCFDC Monday night league at Cliff Drive Disc Golf Course at Kessler Park, but rather, I played in the park with the fun and excitement of building additions to the park that will be hard pressed to be destroyed.  Wanna watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat?  For my next trick.....Nothing up my sleeve.....OH you will have to come out and see it..... ::)

Oh that's right I didn't plan on playing league on Monday, sorry I forgot to move the basket on hole #13 to the alternate setting folks.

Thanks for running it Ryan!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »
This was on a par 60 20-hole layout wasn't it?

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »
Nope, league Director Ryan Westa made the call to play 18 instead, as the LDO will be played (*with the exception of the #13 pin being in the wrong location, as the person responsible for the movement of said pin got too excited to move the pin because the concrete truck that he thought wouldn't make it, was on it's way) for the round that night.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »
Jack, dude, listen. Yes, we remember the things you said when you argued against the hanging basket. We remember how you said it was a mockery. That's okay. We remember how you said it wouldn't look right attached to the cliff. That's okay. Nobody thinks any less of you, man. It's okay, because we all know you were just being a cock-knob when you said that stuff, and everyone has moments like that. So, again, it's okay. Go ahead and openly embrace the hanging basket. Join in on the love. Let everyone see how much you adore it. Jack, it's okay.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »
As promised.

Matt Crowe 52
Timko 52
Nick parks 54
Derrick 55
TJ Ring 55
Palmer 55
Ted K 55
Rick rothstein 60
Jack Lowe DNP-Worked instead at helping ensure that the stage area was completed for the course to remain solid and a new feature of OB was done for all the people that love to play the hanging basket  >:( (I am not one of the people that LOVE it), so as the Did Not Play moniker is listed, I actually did play, but not in the KCFDC Monday night league at Cliff Drive Disc Golf Course at Kessler Park, but rather, I played in the park with the fun and excitement of building additions to the park that will be hard pressed to be destroyed.  Wanna watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat?  For my next trick.....Nothing up my sleeve.....OH you will have to come out and see it..... ::)

Oh that's right I didn't plan on playing league on Monday, sorry I forgot to move the basket on hole #13 to the alternate setting folks.

Thanks for running it Ryan!

I did birdie #13 in the not short setting though :).  And proceeded to 4 2 of the shortest holes on that setup.  (the 3rd hole on #11 and the hole after the long #13).

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »
I don't think that we had scores posted, but I am pretty sure that 50-52 was winning even with the convoluted set up from the curb work last year.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"