Author Topic: Car Theft @ Blue Springs  (Read 428 times)

Brandon65

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Car Theft @ Blue Springs
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:24:02 AM »
I was out at young park in blue springs and between one of my nine hole rounds and the next 18 someone broke into my step dads truck and stole his wallet, a frequent flyer card for dg world, and a free disc coupon. If anybody knows of anything please let me know. Also lock your doors, the theft punched the lock in on the outside of his truck and broke in. Being in Blue Springs I thought I was some what safe, guess NOT.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Car Theft @ Blue Springs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »
Sorry to hear about that.  Thieves are everywhere, and regardless of what you hear it can happen everywhere.  People will tell you that Cliff Drive isn't a safe place, well one disc golfer left his trucking running the entire round we played out there, and nothing happened.

One year with over or close to 100 people at the Lion's Den a person had their window smashed, and unsure what was taken...so even with that traffic in the park, you just never know. 

The best thing is to leave all the inside of your car looking like it's brand new, and nothing in it, if they see something they think that they want, or want to look at, a thief will go after it instantly.

This is why I hate driving my truck, because it has enough crap in it to run an army for a few days.....that and the tranny is about shot.  Hoping it will make it through the weekend though!

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »
Thats why I park next to the expensive looking vehicles....give them a choice rich vehicle or poor soldiers vehicle...
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »
I was out at young park in blue springs and between one of my nine hole rounds and the next 18 someone broke into my step dads truck and stole his wallet, a frequent flyer card for dg world, and a free disc coupon. If anybody knows of anything please let me know. Also lock your doors, the theft punched the lock in on the outside of his truck and broke in. Being in Blue Springs I thought I was some what safe, guess NOT.

No place is safe. It's an Obamanation.  ;D

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 03:07:14 PM »
Man, that sucks. Blue Springs is also where a rifle of mine was stolen from a friend's truck while we were inside Ace Hardware. You know that scene in The Big Lebowski where the cops tell The Dude "I wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck." "...Or the Credence."? Well, that's pretty much the way it went down when they took my statement about the rifle. They even had the perp's vehicle and license plate on video and I still haven't seen my rifle nor has anyone been charged for the crime in the 2 years since.

Bad things can happen anywhere. (Although I too have never had any problems at Cliff Drive, just sayin'. ;D)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »
that and the tranny is about shot.  Hoping it will make it through the weekend though!

You sure you're still not talking about Cliff?   :o ;D

Funny haha folks...

...on a serious note, I got to play Cliff for the first time in a long time on Sunday and it looks awesome!!

Keep up the good work!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word