Author Topic: And the sandbagging continues  (Read 954 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: And the sandbagging continues
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 10:38:46 PM »
I think I approached this thread in the wrong way. Shouldn't have singled out one person. I've played with Aaron, he is a great player and truly enjoyed meeting him at the KCWO. What I meant to get at here was seeing what people think constitutes moving up. IMO, his credentials (and many other people's) are more than enough and sometimes I don't understand why people don't challenge themselves more.

Just wanted to clear the air here and note that this was in no way intended to be a direct bash on Aaron. After reading my first post I apologize for how it came off.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 11:51:25 PM »
Ehhh I think most people got what you were trying to say, at least hopefully. I definitely didn't take it as a shot at Aaron in any way.

Like someone else said earlier in the thread, it's a tough decision to move up. Someone who moves up likely won't be cashing in Open anytime soon (at least at decent sized events), so it's not an easy call. Especially with AM Worlds next year being nearby for a lot of players.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 12:03:53 AM »
once you break 900 rating, you should play open...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 06:41:43 AM »
Sadly it happens in all divisions.  I've been in a couple tournements playing novice and someone who usually plays AM drops down and smokes everyone by 9+ strokes.  Guess the appeal of the prizes are too much for them. As someone getting to know the sport like myself that is pretty frustrating.  But hopefully the day comes that I will pass them by. My OWN goals are once I take first place in a tournement division I will move up and not drop back down, but that's just me though.
Calm down, this is just for fun.