Author Topic: 2012 Bluebird Disc Golf Regional Qualifiers  (Read 1225 times)

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
2012 Bluebird Disc Golf Regional Qualifiers
« on: August 19, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »
The list is up of the players qualified for the Regional play-off at Smithville ... The date is also set for the State championship at Sedalia.
State Championships on Saturday, September 29th in Sedalia, MO.
http://mopark.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=190
 http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=4114&mode=rev
   Anyone want to make the trip down to Sedalia to check out and play the course down there? I have heard mixed reviews about the course. The main complaint I heard was there was no line to the pins that you basically throw over the pines and cedars and try drop your disc into the hole.  I read on DGCR that they planned on opening up and removing some trees.. I'll form my own opinion, but I hope they have it ready to host a State play-off..
>>>------> Earth<>Wind<> Fire<>Water<------<<<

Tony Burnett aka " Dirty Bird Dog"
PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

walk

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Bluebird Disc Golf Regional Qualifiers
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:07:15 AM »
I could  check the course out with you on a Friday or a Saturday if you want.
bob walker

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:58 AM »
Can I ask a question? How did you decide the payouts for Open?
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:04 AM »
http://mopark.org/associations/9662/files/Payout%20Matrix%20Open%20Pro.pdf

The reason I ask, is this payout does not sound very inviting to the Open players...

Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »

Let me know when you guys are coming out to throw in Sedalia and I'll try to meet up with you if I'm there. The thistle and poison ivy has been sprayed then mowed and they plan to spray a pre-emergent at some point as well. The goal is to get rid of all the nasty stuff before pouring tee pads on the back nine. The pads won't be in before the Blue-Bird final though. More trees will be removed over the winter on the front nine but it is playing pretty well right now. There are three holes with no clear line of sight to the basket on the front nine. Some of the complaints you see on the DGCR website are unfounded as we have done a lot of work out there this year in conjunction with installing the back nine. The most recent review by "Disc Legend" really makes no sense in my opinion. The guy claims he's been playing less than four months and has played and reviewed exactly four courses. Not much experience to draw on for such a negative review if you ask me. To get a good feel through the DGCR reviews for this course I would go to the first review that was recently updated by MOchains. I think that's a pretty good assessment.

Personally I think they jumped the gun holding the finals there this year since the course isn't truly ready for prime time. But if it plays well enough for this event and I get good feedback I may try to have a C tier there yet this year. But more than likely I will wait until spring so more work can be done. We still have two more baskets to install in the back once we do more clearing in the woods. Eventually we plan to have 21 playable holes and a practice basket. This should give more flexibility for tourneys as well as fun options for casual play. There is currently a short wooded bonus hole between #15 and #16 if you want to add it to your round. I don't think we'll be using it for this event though.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 11:30:48 AM »
Is this the same day as the team deal?
iscraft Golf Discs

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »
Yup. That's why I had to back out of the Team Challenge. very sad...
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

They pay out half the field without any added money.  It would be a bigger payday for folks if they were only paying 1/3 of the field.

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 08:26:23 PM »

Ken, I have no clue whom decided the payouts.. I just like to play disc golf.. This sounded like a fun event to play against friends/ others in your region, and then getting a chance to play against players from the other regions in the play-offs. There is a chart on the website that explains all the money stuff and what its paying for and to... I glanced at it weeks ago, I didn't really care. I'm sure Missouri Parks a Rec is all about the fun involved. I'm glad they took the time to put something together like this.. I wish there would have been more participation, but those of us that have been playing are having a blast!!

Roc on!! Tony Burnett

PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 08:27:56 PM »

Bob, if If not working Saturday we may have to take a road trip.. Tony

PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »

Let me know when you guys are coming out to throw in Sedalia and I'll try to meet up with you if I'm there. The thistle and poison ivy has been sprayed then mowed and they plan to spray a pre-emergent at some point as well. The goal is to get rid of all the nasty stuff before pouring tee pads on the back nine. The pads won't be in before the Blue-Bird final though. More trees will be removed over the winter on the front nine but it is playing pretty well right now. There are three holes with no clear line of sight to the basket on the front nine. Some of the complaints you see on the DGCR website are unfounded as we have done a lot of work out there this year in conjunction with installing the back nine. The most recent review by "Disc Legend" really makes no sense in my opinion. The guy claims he's been playing less than four months and has played and reviewed exactly four courses. Not much experience to draw on for such a negative review if you ask me. To get a good feel through the DGCR reviews for this course I would go to the first review that was recently updated by MOchains. I think that's a pretty good assessment.

Personally I think they jumped the gun holding the finals there this year since the course isn't truly ready for prime time. But if it plays well enough for this event and I get good feedback I may try to have a C tier there yet this year. But more than likely I will wait until spring so more work can be done. We still have two more baskets to install in the back once we do more clearing in the woods. Eventually we plan to have 21 playable holes and a practice basket. This should give more flexibility for tourneys as well as fun options for casual play. There is currently a short wooded bonus hole between #15 and #16 if you want to add it to your round. I don't think we'll be using it for this event though.

Kevin, we may try to make it down Saturday... I know from what I have read you have been working and trying to make the course better for all.. I never form my own opinion from any of the reviews from websites, but in the overall picture they do give you some idea of what the course will be like. It sounds like you have some great plans if I lived closer I could help some. From the pics I saw it looks pretty fun. I am surprised  Mo. Parks and Rec. chose this course for a series final if it has no T pads on the back 9. Really no matter though I coming to play and gonna have blast trying to beat the other 3 regions out in Intermediate ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:45:11 PM by KCDiscDawg »

PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

walk

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 08:11:34 AM »
Tony give me a call at 816 452-0792 and we can make some plans.
bob walker

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
Just got word that the State Finals have been moved to October 6th to allow people that plan to go to Joplin or Smithville to still play in the Bluebird Finals in Sedalia.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

kevweiss

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 09:36:09 AM »
when is the regional  championship at smithvill?

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 10:02:17 AM »
Sept 8
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist