Author Topic: Why was Cliff renumbered?  (Read 1422 times)

catfish1812

Why was Cliff renumbered?
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:44:38 AM »
I play this course alot and the renumbering seems a little dumb.  Why wouldn't #1 be by all the parking... it just makes sense.

Flip

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:46:06 PM »
Seems like most regular players parked in the shade near the new #1 to start their rounds, so it makes sense to me.  Just as much parking by the side of the road as in the small lot anyway.

-Sean

Nicky p

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 03:01:16 PM »
From what House told me it is so that you can check on your car twice instead of leaving it out of site after old hole four.
I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER"

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »
one very positive aspect of course design is access to vehicles.  Being able to stop and pick up a fresh bottle of water, or whatever beverage, or a clean towel, a needed disc, or whatever the need/want from the car makes a round a little more enjoyable.  It's directly related to the standard 9+9 layout of ball golf courses.  
IMO, it is a bit unwieldy to park on the road, but I do prefer that to not going near the car after #1 until #18.  It also makes for a lot different course, playing all the woods holes first, then all the long and hills last.  A lot tougher course this way.

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:11:19 PM »
I wondered about the numbering also, but the new way is probably the best.  

The course certainly has plenty of variety.  The open holes are very open, the woods holes are plenty woody.  Some holes I really liked and some not so much.  You can certainly tell that a ton of work has happened here.  Not having to wade waist deep in poison ivy made the tourney a much better experience for everyone.

My favorite holes were maybe 4, 5, 12, and 17.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 08:46:50 PM »
Well i park by New #1 because these mexican kids almost hit my car one time doing there burn outs.. oh and the shade..
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)