Author Topic: Old Settlers Open - September 1st  (Read 2349 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Old Settlers Open - September 1st
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 04:46:25 PM »
I am leaning towards playing but I may play Pro Masters this year even though I'm registered Am.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

kutz167

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
I just registered for MA2. Looking forward to my first tourney in a while!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »
I am leaning towards playing but I may play Pro Masters this year even though I'm registered Am.

Ok, I will still beat you like a red headed step child!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

stevet

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 09:01:04 AM »
Is on the sidewalk and beyond always out of bounds?  What are the exceptions? 

Obviously hole 8 because the pin is beyond the sidewalk.

I am trying to think where the sidewalk comes into play:

3 on left
4 on left
5 beyond basket
6 on right and beyond basket
8 in front of basket
9 beyond basket.
15 to the right
16 to the right
18 to the right

(I probably didn't get them all)

Also, what are the drop zones?  I know hole 2 always has a drop.  Are 15 and 17 going to have drops?

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »
Actually, I think it's the street that is out of bounds on #5 and #6, not the sidewalk.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

dan howard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »
Correct Tom, on 5 & 6 the sidewalk is in play, street is out.  Steve I think you only missed 12, the path may come into play if you put your upshot 75ft or so past the basket (first round only). 15 has a drop zone that ain't gonna make for an easy up and down and 17, if I recall correctly from last year, played as regular OB, shoot from where you were last in bounds.

Played it this morning and P&R had been busy mulching around all the tee pads, with that and all the great work done last week, PC is looking pretty good right now!

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »
With the forecast of rain tomorrow, are they gonna start dropping like flies?   ;D
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 12:02:28 PM »
I'll play in the rain, I aint ascared.. ;)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »
Good shootin' Bowen.....

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 08:53:02 AM »
Stopped by to watch some of the action. Man, I wish we had a tree guy out at Cliff. PC just has it going on with all those trees. Anyway, here's a few pics:

KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »

KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 08:58:40 AM »

KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »
I wanted to say thanks to all the players that braved the remnants of hurricane Isaac yesterday morning to play the 3rd Old Settlers Open.  8)

Despite the not so good weather during the first round, the tournament went well. DD as usual got the scores and payout taken care of supa fast. It was a later finish due to the long rounds, brought on by the new, tougher holes in the back, and the morning rain slowing us down.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day, and want to come back next year. We really appreciated all the happiness and love that was expressed after the first round, and at the end of the day. It makes all the work worth it when people tell us, even after playing over 2 hours in a hurricane how much fun they were having. Thank you all.  :)

I also want to give a shout out for some of the folks that did work so that we could play.

First, I'd like to thank my wife Cindy, who not only worked along side us men during the fairway/park building, and outworked most of us doing it, but who also worked behind the scenes yesterday helping the DD crew be even more efficient than they already are. I also sincerely appreciate all the time our Olathe crew puts in helping keep the course the best it can be. Bran Taylor, Brian Corneilius, Mark Albers, Andy Lewis, Deano, Dan Zink, Dan Howard, Nick Winklebaur, Mike Davis, and Jeff Ozorkiewicz all worked long and hard changing three of the most boring holes in the City into challenging and picturesque Disc Golf holes. I'd also like to thank some others that helped out with tournament work yesterday, that made the day easier for me. We moved 6 baskets at lunch, and with all the helpers, I had it easy. Basket movers included Cooper Arnold, Mark Albers, KC Chief Doug Kroll, Ron Klein, Danny Craig, Bill Neenan, and me.  ;D
Water jug and miscellaneous helpers included Brain Taylor, Brian Corneilius, Andy Lewis, Deano, Bill Neenan, and Billy Nelson. It was great having two good spotters on hole 13 too. Thanks to Cooper Arnold for the morning shift, and to Deano for the afternoon duty.  8) Thanks to Mike for the pics posted too!

Yesterday showed me once again how cool the Kansas City Disc Golf scene can be. Again playas, thank you!

Labor day Monday, we will be having our weekly mini. We tee at 5:30, so come out for a shot at the big ACE fund and fun, friendly competition.  8)