Author Topic: any leagues's  (Read 1562 times)

wlsmoku

any leagues's
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:34:30 PM »
any evening or weekend league's available for rookies?

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
any leagues's
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 10:59:23 PM »
New Player's League on Monday nights at Rosedale Park, 5:30 pm
espouse elucidation

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
rookies also welcome at Prairie Center Park monday night
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 11:11:02 PM »
rookies very welcome at Prairie Center Park Monday tee off 6:00 p.m.  We have an am division that plays with a handicap, therefore even rookies have a chance to win something.

wlsmoku

any leagues's
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:23:04 AM »
do you just show up at these or do you have to sign up? whats cost on these leagues?

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
any leagues's
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 10:17:09 AM »
All leagues are open to public, $4.00 for club members, $5.00 for non members, and you can pay an additional $1.00 for the ace pool if you're feeling like you're gonna hit one. Tee at 6:00 pm, but get there 15 minutes earlier for sign-up.
espouse elucidation

wlsmoku

any leagues's
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »
members/non-members of what? this site? sorry for the ignorace :oops:

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
any leagues's
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 10:28:09 AM »
Quote from: "wlsmoku"
do you just show up at these or do you have to sign up? whats cost on these leagues?

Monday night New Player league is free and starts at 5:45 at Rosedale.
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
any leagues's
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 10:24:36 PM »
members/non-members of what? this site? sorry for the ignorace :oops:

"this site" is from the Kansas City Flying Disc Club--click on the logo in the upper left corner :lol:

The KCFDC is pretty much repsonsible for the courses in the area, although Swope was in existence before the club was begun.  We design and maintain the courses, in cohoots with the cities and counties involved.  We have the leagues (listed off the main page of the club website--the logo above again).  We sponsor the KC Wide Open, the annual national tour event held just this last weekend.  We have work days, fun days, other smaller tournaments, and do a lot of good work for the city/county parks, as well as the Ice Bowl charity event.

Being part of the club would show that you really want to be involved, that you are interested in helping in even a small way.  It's relatively cheap, and you get a discount on leagues and discs bought thru the club.  If you play 10 league events and buy 10 discs, you'll be close to paying your club dues with that discount.  

There's a registration form on the website.  c'mon, everybody's welcome!
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

wlsmoku

any leagues's
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 09:07:45 AM »
thanks for the insight - very much appreciated - I'm afraid I may have already became an addict :oops: I didn't get to play last weekend because of the open and I need a fix! :D

btw - thanks to your organization for doing all this - it's a great sport that is under appreciated!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
any leagues's
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »
I didn't get to play last weekend because of the open...

You should have gone to play one of the other courses in town that weren't being used for the Wide Open. WyCo and Olathe were available all weekend. And Blue Valley was a festival atmosphere on Sunday with the junior nine hole course available to play all weekend as well. Hindsight being what it is however...  I hope you get plenty of disc golf in this week.

I'll be doing a special edition WyCo league Friday evening with some basket moves and a CTP prize.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

wlsmoku

any leagues's
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 10:46:46 AM »
unfortunately I had just learned of the open and drove my happy a$$ to water works, cliff, rosedale, then swope and gave up :D  :oops:  :oops:

I had no idea!!!! I'll make up for it this week for sure though!